Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber open positions
The Chamber is seeking a full time Payroll Specialist to support the Chamber’s Finance Department by executing the Chamber’s payroll processing and reporting, compliance, HRIS systems analysis and reporting, 401k and deferred compensation plan administration, project cost accounting and analysis and general ledger account reconciliations. This position also assists in cash management, acts as a back-up for accounts receivable and accounts payable administration and participates in the cash management procedures during Festival weekends.
The incumbent is passionate about working inclusively internally and outside of the Organization. He or she is excited to work with partner businesses and community organizations to uncover their needs, deliver solutions, and cultivate relationships. This person is ready to represent the Chamber with business leaders, vendors, sponsors and community organizations.
He or she enjoys a challenge and can execute payroll processing, time and attendance system management, and multiple projects all at the same time. He or she has experience with Paycor system modules and understands the fundamentals of payroll data entry, deductions, and garnishments. He or she is very approachable with a genuine and welcoming personality.
He or she likes to get stuff done and is comfortable executing on set goals and timelines. The ideal candidate works well independently and also in close collaboration with team members, toggling with ease between the two and as appropriate. He or she is technology savvy, and understands the power of efficient and consistent practices with a mindset of continuous improvement.
He or she likes to have fun and brings enthusiasm and humor to their work. Fast-paced environments get your blood pumping. Change is in your DNA. The ideal candidate has integrity and a passion to make a difference.
- Manage the payroll process, including data entry, reviewing, processing, and periodic reporting
- Responsible for compliance and timely reporting
- Manage time reporting for exempt and non-exempt hourly employees
- Maintain accurate Paycor time and attendance system
- Prioritize a high-volume workload efficiently to meet payroll transmission deadlines
- Keep informed of changes in tax and other compliance laws related to payroll
- Calculate and set-up deductions, garnishments, fringes in payroll module as needed
- Manage ACA reporting requirements in Paycor system, including data entry, reviewing, processing and reporting
- Conduct HRIS audits to ensure accurate and complete data
- Complete accurate and timely census reporting for 401k and other qualified plans
- Assist CFO, Director F&A and Director HR with legal and regulatory compliance and administration of 401k Plan, 457 Plans and other qualified benefit plans
- Assist Chamber and volunteer staff in cash procedures for Festivals (Oktoberfest, Taste of Cincinnati, Blink, Tailgate Parties, other)
- Meet required deadlines for monthly close procedures
- Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations, as assigned by the Director, F&A
- Assist with Finance and HR special projects as needed.
- Customer Focused
- Function/Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School diploma required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business administrative role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with payroll administration using Paycor (Payroll, Time & Attendance)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail are critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of payroll regulations and laws
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays for various Chamber festivals
The Payroll Specialist does not currently have supervisory responsibility.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships. We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change. We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary & excellent benefit package. Please submit resume & salary requirements to Resume@cincinnatichamber.com.