Government Affairs Administrator
The Chamber is currently seeking a full time Government Affairs Administrator to support the Chamber’s government affairs efforts by coordinating the overall activities of the government affairs team. Responsibilities include planning and executing events, maintaining contact lists, providing general administrative support, prepping for committee meetings and letter writing.
- Anticipate the needs of the government affairs team and understand how best to serve them.
- Organize and plan annual advocacy trips in Cincinnati, Columbus and Washington, D.C.; including agenda development, managing travel and catering logistics, creating trip budgets and overseeing day of event execution.
- Coordinate annual Legislative Reception including invitations, on-site management, budget oversight and catering.
- Provide meeting support including setting appointments, creating agendas, handling logistics such as catering and meeting setup, sending invitations and reminders, preparing materials for meeting, taking notes, and creating minutes.
- Serve as a central coordination point and provide support to Government Affairs Council and Government Affairs Executive Committee members.
- Prepare and mail correspondence to governmental officials as necessary.
- Create new meeting products in the Personify database and ensure that current customer data is reflected accurately.
- Maintain and update contact lists for governmental officials, Government Affairs Council, Government Affairs Executive Committee and task forces.
- File quarterly lobbying ethics forms.
- Assist with scheduling and calendar management.
- Support the development and regular updates to the legislative issue matrix, legislative tracking list, policy agenda, and policy catalogs.
- Manage the Voter Voice system to communicate timely government affairs information.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Customer Focus
- Conflict Management
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years previous support experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism with leaders at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
- Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The position is located in a climate-controlled downtown office site and requires a minimal amount of external activity. The job will require talking, listening, researching, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. This position does not require travel. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible work week available to accommodate these instances.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships. We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change. We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary & excellent benefit package. Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Development Representative
The Chamber is recruiting a Membership Development Representative to find, retain, and engage Chamber members. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement member development strategy
- Penetrate customer targets to generate proposals and close sales by prospecting, qualifying, and securing meetings with decision makers of targeted companies.
- Identify and present tailored value proposition to prospects and determine appropriate level of membership
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual quotas.
- Identify market trends to assist in the Chamber’s overall marketing strategy and track appropriately.
- Provide current and prospective member driven recommendations regarding the development of member services that will attract new members for ongoing continuous improvement
- Maintain accurate member information and intelligence in our database in coordination with internal team
- Coordinate the processing of membership and communication set up with internal team
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
Specific skills desired:
- Proven business acumen, relationship management and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the Cincinnati business community
- Results oriented professional with excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An understanding of value based selling
- Reliable transportation with proof of insurance is required for local travel
A minimum of 2+ years of relationship management experience and/or business to business sales experience is desired. Bachelor’s degree and/or relative work experience required. This position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional and dynamic environment and an excellent benefits package. This position is salary plus commissions. Please submit resume and salary requirements: email@example.com.
Our Collaborative Spirit
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, Please submit resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please include the position you are applying for along with your resume and salary requirements and send to the contact information below. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. Open positions listed below.
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
3 East 4th Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is one of the nation's largest chambers of commerce, with approximately 4,000 member businesses. The Chamber's talented professional staff share a commitment to leadership, service, and teamwork, working with thousands of engaged member companies to grow the vibrancy and economic prosperity of our region.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.