How to Apply
Please include the position you are applying for along with your resume and salary requirements and send to the contact information below. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. Open positions listed below.
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
3 East 4th Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is the nation’s fifth largest Chamber, with nearly 5,000 member businesses. The Chamber’s talented, professional staff of 75 shares a commitment to leadership, service and teamwork and works with thousands of engaged member companies to grow our regional economy and community, stimulating opportunities for everyone.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.
Communications Director - November 24, 2014
The Chamber's Marketing team is looking for a Communications Director to fuel continued successful, cross-channel communications (traditional media, social media, member, influencers, etc.)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Reinforcing the Chamber’s positive external image through both proactive and reactive activities, focused on Chamber membership, programs, government advocacy and community initiatives.
- Strengthening relationships with all news media and influencers to convey work of the Chamber.
- Managing communication and promotion goals of the Chamber’s myriad business awards and recognition programs, leadership development, education and networking events.
- Writing/editing news releases, editorials, articles, speeches, letters, event scripts, web and ad copy.
- Achieving communication and promotion goals for Chamber-led community-wide festivals: Party in the park, Taste of Cincinnati, Oktoberfest Zinzinnati, Bud Light Tailgate Zone and Ubhanfest
- Leveraging technology including but not limited to social networking, blogs, and forums to spread the Chamber message.
- Serving as a communications liaison to affiliate Chamber organizations for regular communications, news and content that can be customized for each Chamber’s constituencies.
- Supervising the work and development of two Marketing Managers.
Specific skills desired:
- A strong knowledge of the issues impacting the Cincinnati USA regional business environment.
- Creative thinker who knows how to translate the work of the Chamber and its importance to the media and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to think proactively and react quickly to media opportunities as one of the organization’s key spokespersons. On-camera training and experience is essential.
- Exceptional writer who can write across a broad spectrum of disciplines (news release, media pitches, scripts, speeches, by-line articles, presentation materials, program proposals, strategy pieces, Chamber website, e-newsletters, etc.)
- Technological capabilities including Microsoft suite of products, as well as ability to operate a website content management system, new media coverage capture service and tracking database.
Minimum of 10+ years with both proven journalism experience as well as media relations expertise in either a corporate or agency PR setting. Bachelor’s degree required. This position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional and dynamic environment, competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Please submit resume and salary requirements: Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Attention HR, 3 East Fourth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202, email@example.com or (fax) 513.579.3101. EOE.
Event Manager - January 2, 2015
The Chamber’s professional staff shares a commitment to leadership, service and teamwork while producing our region’s largest community celebrations. Our community event portfolio currently boasts 5 events – Taste of Cincinnati, Oktoberfest-Zinzinnati, Bud Light Tailgate Zone, Ubahn Fest and Party in the Park. These nationally prominent community events serve over 1 million customers annually and serve as a benchmark that other regions emulate.
The Chamber is looking for an Event Manager to develop, implement, and manage assigned Chamber community events.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare annual budgets and timelines for Party in the Park, Bud Light Tail Zone, and Ubahn Fest. Work within the budgetary guidelines to achieve budgeted results.
- Execute the planning and logistics for assigned community events.
- Work closely with the Finance and Accounting team to ensure processes and controls are in place for each event.
- Assess event objectives and determine the most cost-effective means to deliver results.
- Manage the fulfillment of specific contracts associated with event suppliers and vendors for all Chamber community events.
- Coordinate recycling efforts for all Chamber community events.
- Manage internal and external communications to committees, customers, and partners as it relates to assigned community events.
- Assist with Taste of Cincinnati USA and Oktoberfest Zinzinnati by managing activities within the events including Running of the Wiener Dogs, Veggie Races, etc…
- Coordinate, manage and train volunteers for all Chamber community events.
- Work with the Marketing department to administer a comprehensive communication and marketing strategy to increase attendance at assigned community events.
- Use CAD Software to visually display the layout details of each Chamber community event.
- Create new and innovative activities to evolve offerings based on changing business needs and feedback from business partners, team members and vendors.
- Make adjustments in real time as needed; striving for continuous improvement before, during and after each event.
- Conduct research, identify best practices, make site visits, and find resources to help senior leaders make decisions about event possibilities.
Specific skills desired:
- Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines with demonstrated experience within high stress situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple budgets, projects and deadlines at the same time
- Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- High level of connection with the Cincinnati business community
Minimum of 5+ years of event management experience, preferably associated with events of significant size/scale, and a Bachelor’s degree are required. This position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional and dynamic environment, competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Please submit resume and salary requirements: Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Attention HR, 3 East Fourth Street, Suite 200, Cincinnati, OH 45202, firstname.lastname@example.org or (fax) 513.579.3101. EOE.