How to Apply
Please include the position you are applying for along with your resume and salary requirements and send to the contact information below. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. Open positions listed below.
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
3 East 4th Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is the nation’s fifth largest Chamber, with nearly 5,000 member businesses. The Chamber’s talented, professional staff of 75 shares a commitment to leadership, service and teamwork and works with thousands of engaged member companies to grow our regional economy and community, stimulating opportunities for everyone.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.
Communications Director - November 24, 2014
The Chamber's Marketing team is looking for a Communications Director to fuel continued successful, cross-channel communications (traditional media, social media, member, influencers, etc.)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Reinforcing the Chamber’s positive external image through both proactive and reactive activities, focused on Chamber membership, programs, government advocacy and community initiatives.
- Strengthening relationships with all news media and influencers to convey work of the Chamber.
- Managing communication and promotion goals of the Chamber’s myriad business awards and recognition programs, leadership development, education and networking events.
- Writing/editing news releases, editorials, articles, speeches, letters, event scripts, web and ad copy.
- Achieving communication and promotion goals for Chamber-led community-wide festivals: Party in the park, Taste of Cincinnati, Oktoberfest Zinzinnati, Bud Light Tailgate Zone and Ubhanfest
- Leveraging technology including but not limited to social networking, blogs, and forums to spread the Chamber message.
- Serving as a communications liaison to affiliate Chamber organizations for regular communications, news and content that can be customized for each Chamber’s constituencies.
- Supervising the work and development of two Marketing Managers.
Specific skills desired:
- A strong knowledge of the issues impacting the Cincinnati USA regional business environment.
- Creative thinker who knows how to translate the work of the Chamber and its importance to the media and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to think proactively and react quickly to media opportunities as one of the organization’s key spokespersons. On-camera training and experience is essential.
- Exceptional writer who can write across a broad spectrum of disciplines (news release, media pitches, scripts, speeches, by-line articles, presentation materials, program proposals, strategy pieces, Chamber website, e-newsletters, etc.)
- Technological capabilities including Microsoft suite of products, as well as ability to operate a website content management system, new media coverage capture service and tracking database.
Minimum of 10+ years with both proven journalism experience as well as media relations expertise in either a corporate or agency PR setting. Bachelor’s degree required. This position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional and dynamic environment, competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Please submit resume and salary requirements: Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Attention HR, 3 East Fourth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202, Resume@cincinnatichamber.com or (fax) 513.579.3101. EOE.
Membership Development Representative - July 24, 2014
The Chamber's Membership team is looking for a Membership Development Representative who will be responsible for all sales activities from lead generation to closing. This person will consult with local businesses on the benefits of Chamber membership, prospect for new members and conduct sales presentations. Success will be measured by account development, total revenue generated, and percentage of leads converted to sales.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing business and high-level contact relationships with target accounts
- Penetrating customer targets to generate proposals and close sales
- Identifying market trends to assist in the Chamber's overall marketing strategy
- Utilizing strong time management and organizational skills
- Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual quotas
Qualified candidates will demonstrate business acumen, consultative selling skills, and understand value based selling. Candidates should be skilled in negotiating, directing and communicating with small and mid-sized business owners and have the ability to act independently yet work in a team environment. Previous business to business sales experience as well as advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must. Bachelor's degree preferred.
The Chamber offers a competitive benefits package. The position is salary plus commissions. Please submit resume and salary requirements to: Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Attn: HR, 3 E. 4th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202, email@example.com or (fax) 513.579.3101. EOE.