Marketing Communications Summer Intern Summer 2016, 20 hours per week
The ideal candidate would be qualified to assist in the following areas:
- Draft news releases for distribution to the media regarding Chamber events, staff, initiatives, etc.
- Write articles for Chamber weekly e-newsletter.
- Write copy for broadcast, print and online advertising.
- Create PowerPoint presentations.
- Work with outside agency to distribute marketing collateral.
- Website content/copy maintenance.
- Email marketing communications.
- Social Media platform management and creative.
- Compiling targeted email lists.
- Help with marketing, communications and logistics before, during and after Chamber corporate and community events.
- Assist in tracking local media coverage of the Chamber.
- Assist in compiling media lists for news release distribution and pitches.
- Assist with compilation and writing of internal “media clips” email.
- Assist with Marketing mail distribution.
- Organize online files.
- Other filing as needed.
- Take photos/video at events.
- Maintain stationery inventory and pull stationery for mailings.
- Assist with fill-in duties during staff vacations and leave.
- Receive and organize files from design agency and submit files to appropriate media outlets.
- Work with Traffic Manager to print marketing collateral.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge preferred, but not necessary, with these tools:
- Microsoft Office Suite, email marketing systems, website content management systems, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. Junior or Senior student preferred.
- Major/coursework in areas such as Communications, PR, Marketing, Journalism.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, Please submit resume & salary requirements to Resume@cincinnatichamber.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please include the position you are applying for along with your resume and salary requirements and send to the contact information below. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. Open positions listed below.
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
3 East 4th Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is one of the nation's largest chambers of commerce, with approximately 4,000 member businesses. The Chamber's talented professional staff share a commitment to leadership, service, and teamwork, working with thousands of engaged member companies to grow the vibrancy and economic prosperity of our region.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.