How to Apply
Please include the position you are applying for along with your resume and salary requirements and send to the contact information below. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. Open positions listed below.
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
3 East 4th Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is the nation’s fifth largest Chamber, with nearly 5,000 member businesses. The Chamber’s talented, professional staff of 75 shares a commitment to leadership, service and teamwork and works with thousands of engaged member companies to grow our regional economy and community, stimulating opportunities for everyone.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.
Event Manager - June 19, 2015
The Chamber is recruiting an Event Manager to develop, implement, and manage assigned Chamber festivals and events.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conduct research, identify best practices, make site visits, and find resources to help senior leaders make decisions about event possibilities.
- Prepare annual budgets and timelines for Party in the Park, Bud Light Tail Zone, and Ubahn Fest. Work within the budgetary guidelines to achieve budgeted results.
- Execute the planning and logistics for Party in the Park, Bud Light Tail Zone, and Ubahn Fest. Secure radios, golf carts, rental trucks, and tool rental equipment for all Chamber Festivals.
- Work closely with the Finance and Accounting team to ensure processes and controls are in place for each event.
- Assess event objectives and determine the most cost-effective means to deliver results.
- Negotiate contracts and manage fulfillment of event merchandising, ice, coke products, trash/port-o-lets, and rides for all Chamber Festivals. Coordinate recycling efforts for all Chamber Festivals.
- Manage internal and external steering committees, customers, and partners as it relates to Party in the Park, Bud Light Tail Zone, and Ubahn Fest.
- Assist with Taste of Cincinnati USA and Oktoberfest Zinzinnati by managing activities within the events including Running of the Wiener Dogs, street marking, etc.
- Coordinate, manage and train volunteers for all Chamber Festivals.
- Work with the Marketing department to administer a comprehensive communication and marketing strategy to increase attendance at assigned events.
- Use CAD Software to visually display the details of each Chamber Festival.
- Create new and innovative activities to evolve offerings based on changing business needs and feedback from business partners, team members and vendors.
- Make adjustments in real time as needed; striving for continuous improvement before, during and after each event.
Specific skills desired:
- Extremely organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
- Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- High level of connection with the Cincinnati business community
Minimum of 5+ years of event management experience and a Bachelor’s degree are required. This position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional and dynamic environment, competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Please submit resume and salary requirements: Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Attention HR, 3 East Fourth Street, Suite 200, Cincinnati, OH 45202, Resume@cincinnatichamber.com or (fax) 513.579.3101. EOE.
Membership Development Representative - March 19, 2015
Our membership team is looking to hire a Membership Development Representative who is responsible for all sales activities from lead generation to close. This person will consult
with local businesses on the benefits of Chamber membership, prospect for new members and conduct sales presentations. Success will be measured by account development, total
revenue generated, and percentage of leads converted to sales. Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing business and high-level contact relationships with target accounts.
- Penetrating customer targets to generate proposals and close sales.
- Identifying market trends to assist in the Chamber’s overall marketing strategy.
- Utilizing strong time management and organizational skills.
- Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual quotas.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate business acumen, consultative selling skills, and understand value based selling. Candidates should be skilled in negotiating, directing and
communicating with small and mid-sized business owners and have the ability to act independently yet work in a team environment. Previous business to business sales experience as well as advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The Chamber offers a competitive benefits package. The position is salary plus commissions. Please submit resume and salary requirements to: Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Attn: HR, 3 East Fourth Street, Suite 200, Cincinnati, OH 45202, firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 513.579.3101. Browse this website for more information about the Chamber. EOE.