The Chamber is currently seeking a full time Sales Representative, Cost Saving/Member Programs to find, attract and on-board Chamber members.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Cincinnati USA, committed to relationships, and eager to partner with business to help connect them to Chamber membership benefits. This person will always have the businesses' best interest in mind, and is actively thinking of ways the Chamber can play a role in their success as businesses in Cincinnati.
The ideal candidate is well connected to the Cincinnati business community and a planner who can think quickly, and develop and implement member development strategy. This person can penetrate customer targets to generate proposals and close sales by prospecting, qualifying, and securing meetings with C-suite decision makers of targeted companies. He or she can identify strategic business needs with a focus on mid to corporate size companies (50+ employees) to determine the appropriate benefits of membership and present tailored value proposition.
This person enjoys challenges and is strongly results-driven, and enjoys leading the entire sales cycle from prospect to close. This person is a go-getter and an achiever who enjoys connecting people with internal and external resources. He or she will be motivated to achieve and strives to meet goals. This person is a futuristic thinker and can identify market trends and can provide current and prospective member driven recommendations to assist in the Chamber’s overall strategy.
He or she is focused on the customer experience and enjoys making the membership process easy for prospects. This person is collaborative and detail oriented, strives to make improvements and is able to reimagine and reinvent processes. This person is collaborative and detail oriented and eager to maintain accurate member information for the purpose of coordination within all teams.
- Achieve budgeted sales goals for selling cost saving programs such as ChamberHealth, Chamber Comp, Ultimate Air Shuttle, and Office Depot. More details here
- Achieve sales goals for the Annual Dinner, Bold Fusion, Ignite Action, Diversity Leadership Symposium, The Big College Event, and other events as needed.
- Actively contribute to the development, execution and sales of the Chamber’s member benefits products.
- Identify market trends and provide member driven recommendations to assist in the development of current and future member benefit programs.
- Coordinates sales efforts, identify targeted prospect lists and provide direct feedback if member benefit products fail to provide a quantifiable benefit to members.
- Develop and build strong relationships with our member benefit partners (including member benefit partners’ sales teams), partner Chambers, brokers, and any others that have an impact on the sales of member benefits.
- Grow the number of participants and increase the Chamber’s bottom line across the member benefits platform.
- Works closely with event managers to identify and create targeted prospect lists for table and booth sales.
- Coordinates sales efforts based on the overall sales and comprehensive marketing plan, as well as program managers and other partners to maximize sales results.
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- High Emotional and Social Intelligence
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
The Sales Representative, Cost Saving/Member Programs will not have supervisory responsibility.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Three to five years of relationship management experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Proven business acumen, relationship management and communication skills
- Results oriented professional with excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Passionate and well connected to the Cincinnati business community
- An understanding of value based selling
- Reliable transportation with proof of insurance is required for local travel
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change. We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. This position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org