The Chamber is seeking a full time Senior Director, Sales & Engagement. The incumbent is a leader who will work closely with Chamber Leadership to develop and implement sales and engagement strategies.
The ideal Senior Director, Sales & Engagement is well connected to the Cincinnati region’s business community. He or she is a planner who has significant sales experience and can create and develop sales campaigns to recruit new members and engage current members. The incumbent thinks outside of the box and creates and develops marketing campaigns for new member recruitment, member engagement and cost saving programs. He or she has strong analytical skills and can identify trends and translate data into relevant information that drives member engagement and qualifies leads for the sales team. This leader is highly data driven and can develop, manage and monitor the membership team sales goals and targets.
The incumbent is a collaborative leader and is ready to partner with organizations and business leaders to develop, and further strengthen, strategic partnerships and member engagement opportunities. This person is ready to lead and mentor others through strong motivation skills. This person can align cross-functional expectations, foster teamwork, and places emphasis on development and training.
He or she has highly developed interpersonal communication skills and is a true relationship builder who can establish new connections and identify opportunities with business leaders. This leader can actively recruit new members (especially corporate), and will join the sales team on appointments as needed. The incumbent has a passion for the member experience, and the desire to have significant impacts on the members businesses in the Cincinnati region.
- Establish a strategic and comprehensive plan focused on recruitment and engagement of members.
- Develops effective medium to communicate information to members and prospects.
- Develops, manages and monitors the membership team sales goals and targets.
- Leads the Events Manager to develop and enhance membership programs to meet the needs of members.
- Influence others in a positive way, share a passion for the member experience, and the desire to have significant impacts on the members businesses.
- Create and develop sales campaigns to recruit new members and engage current members.
- Create and develop in partnership with the marketing team, the marketing campaigns for new member recruitment, member engagement and cost saving programs.
- Identify trends and translate data into relevant information that drives member engagement and qualifies leads for the sales team.
- Collaborate with partner organizations and business leaders to develop, and further strengthen, strategic partnerships and member engagement opportunities.
- Action Oriented
- Building Effective Teams
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Motivating Others
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
The Senior Director, Sales and Engagement will have supervisory responsibility for Director Cost Saving Programs, Membership Sales Representatives, Membership Programs Leader, and Customer Experience Leader.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Six-eight years of proven relationship management experience
- Eight-ten years of strong sales/sales management background
- Knowledge of the Cincinnati/NKY regional business community
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- This position requires travel to prospect and member locations in the region
- Proven business acumen, relationship management and communication skills
- An understanding of and experience with the issues that impact minority businesses
- Results oriented professional with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Passionate and well connected to the Cincinnati business community
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change. We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. This position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Please submit resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.