Leadership Action brings together the region’s decision makers, influencers and action oriented hands-on leaders ready to make significant change. Research continues to show that grassroots efforts of passionate people can truly move the needle for communities.
Do you or your organization/business have an idea that could benefit from the focused effort, energy and resources of the Leadership Action Team?
Who should submit a project proposal?
A non-profit, an entrepreneur, or a champion from an organization with a BIG idea. This person will act as the primary liaison to work with the 20-25 person Leadership Action Team.
Eligible Leadership Action Projects:
Projects must be hands-on and experiential. The Leadership Action Team members are “doers” and will roll up their sleeves to accomplish the work. They will not just advise or consult.
Leadership Action Team does not accept proposals for projects that are solely focused on fundraising.
The project scope must fit within the October – May time-frame for hands on assistance from the Leadership Action Team.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber has identified three strategic areas to advance the community. The project proposals must align with these strategies.
- Leading with a bold voice to impact policy that helps advance business, including aspects that impact businesses such as transportation and health of the region.
- Expanding and diversifying the talent base through attracting and retaining talent and creating workforce connections.
- Showcasing Our Unique Offerings by putting our region on the map- helping to attract talent and tourists to our region.
How does it work?
- Complete the RFP with a big, bold idea by July 31, 2017.
- Selection committee will review the projects and select the top 5 by August 31, 2017.
- The representatives of the 5 projects will present a 10 minute pitch on their project to the Leadership Action Team on October 17, 2017.
- The one or two projects that are selected will work with the Leadership Action Team from November until May.
- On May 24, 2018 Leadership Action Team will present their project to the community.
Things to consider before submitting:
- Is this the right time for you and your organization to focus on this project/initiative?
- Are you open to the possibility that the project may morph, expand, or shift direction along the way?
- Do you have one point person and a back-up that will act as the main liaisons with the project for the year?
Reminder of Important Dates:
- July 31, 2017 – RFP Due
- August 31, 2017 – 5 Projects Selected to Advance in the Process
- November 16, 2017 – Representatives Pitch their Project
- May 24, 2018 - Leadership Action Team Presents
Contact Amy Thompson with any questions about the process at email@example.com or 513-579-3141.