We believe interns/co-ops will choose Cincinnati to start their future when they:
- Envision success in their chosen field
- Develop connections and friendships with other people in the area
- Know where to find the services, activities, and types of events they enjoy
- Receive a positive, well-rounded internship experience that goes beyond the walls of their company and makes them feel included
- Experience what makes Cincinnati unique and attractive
CINC - Cincinnati Intern Network Connection
CINC is a series of summer events, hand-crafted by local university, corporate and community leaders, exposing interns and co-op students to all that Cincinnati has to offer and connecting to the each other and the region. By planning four exclusive events throughout the summer and promoting other assets of the region, CINC aims to make our students' Cincinnati experience educational, memorable and fun.
In 2016, CINC connected 900 interns and co-ops from 200 different Greater Cincinnati companies, representing 150 universities, and 40 countries.
Student registration for the 2017 summer program is now open!
2017 Events | Intern Sign Up | Host Company Benefits
The Big College Event
When: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 4-9 p.m.
Where: Duke Energy Center, Exhibit Hall B
What: To connect students to all Cincinnati has to offer to grow the vibrancy of the region and retain talent.
For: Freshman and sophomore college & university students attending a school in the Cincinnati region.
- Local employers want easy ways to connect with college students to recruit talent.
- A student who feels more connected to their city is more likely to stay.
- Students who have held an internship/co-op in Cincinnati find that Cincinnati exceeds their expectations.
Details: Four corners of the event will have the following unique opportunities to help students CONNECT to people, work experiences, future careers and their home.
- FIND YOUR TRIBE: Matching individual passions with Cincinnati’s groups: young professional, volunteer, social, non-profit, Arts, culture, sports, and more. You name it, we’ve got it.
- INTERNSHIP FAIR LITE!: Exhibition of Cincinnati’s small businesses offering student internship or co-op opportunities.
- GET PLUGGED IN: Showcase of Cincy’s startup scene & corporate job landscape; free professional headshots taken & resume consulting; social media connections & where to get plugged in.
- CINCINNATI FLAVOR: Cincy Stories with a young professional speaker line-up, Mini-Taste of Cincinnati food expo, “Ask a Cincinnatian” booths, live music, entertainment & fun.
More details to come!
Internships & Co-Op Programs
The heightened demand for work-integrated education experiences is being driven by global competition for investment and jobs. A gap often exists between the knowledge and skills students obtain in the classroom and the knowledge and ability skill requirements of the day-to-day workplace. Internships and co-ops help close that gap. View Cincinnati area programs
For questions, contact Jules Shumate, Talent Attraction & Higher Ed Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.579.3116.