We believe interns/co-ops will choose Cincinnati to start their future when they:
- Envision success in their chosen field
- Develop connections and friendships with other people in the area
- Know where to find the services, activities, and types of events they enjoy
- Receive a positive, well-rounded internship experience that goes beyond the walls of their company and makes them feel included
- Experience what makes Cincinnati unique and attractive
CINC - Cincinnati Intern Network Connection
CINC is a series of summer events, hand-crafted by local university, corporate and community leaders, exposing interns and co-op students to all that Cincinnati has to offer and connecting to the each other and the region. By planning four exclusive events throughout the summer and promoting other assets of the region, CINC aims to make our students' Cincinnati experience educational, memorable and fun.
In 2016, CINC connected 900 interns and co-ops from 200 different Greater Cincinnati companies, representing 150 universities, and 40 countries. Learn more
The Big College Event
When: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 4-9 p.m.
Where: Duke Energy Center, Exhibit Hall B
What: The Big College Event is a new event for thousands of students around the Cincinnati region to get introduced to the area, make community connections, search local internships/co-ops, discover more about the professional landscape, and find activities/groups that best match their personal interests and aspirations. The Big College Event aims to better connect college/university students with the business, social and community scenes in the region while they finish their degrees/certificates and consider entering the workforce in Greater Cincinnati.
How: By targeting university students entering their first and second years at a local college or university and exposing them to a sampling of the many social and professional groups/organizations available to them within the area; better connecting students to the region as a whole.
- Local employers want connections to students at colleges/universities to fill available jobs with talent
- A student who feels more connected to their city is more likely to stay
- Students who are awarded an internship and/or co-op position in Cincinnati find that Cincinnati exceeds their expectations
- Internship/co-op positions in the region better connect students to full time jobs
Who: All freshman and sophomore university/college students enrolled in or near the Cincinnati region.
Details: Four corners of the room will have the following unique opportunities to students in attendance.
- Find Your Tribe: Regional YP Groups (Religious, Diversity, Arts, Sports, Volunteer, etc.) will exhibit at tables, arming students with all the information they need to get involved and find the group that is matched best to their personal values and interests.
- NOT Your Grandfather’s Career Fair: A chance for students to learn about Cincinnati businesses and the local job market. An informal exhibition with a focus on small business & small organization internship and co-op opportunities will take place as part of this corner.
- Get Plugged In: Technology, social media, corporate landscape education, LinkedIn headshots taken, free resume consulting, connections to media resources, Cincinnati app. awareness, #Startupcincy, “futuristic” corner.
- Comfort Corner: Cincy stories with an ongoing schedule of young, local speakers, “Ask a Cincinnatian” booths, food (mini Taste of Cincinnati expo), raising the awareness of things to do and local entertainment, and music.
Internships & Co-Op Programs
The heightened demand for work-integrated education experiences is being driven by global competition for investment and jobs. A gap often exists between the knowledge and skills students obtain in the classroom and the knowledge and ability skill requirements of the day-to-day workplace. Internships and co-ops help close that gap. View Cincinnati area programs
For questions, contact Jules Shumate, Talent Attraction & Higher Ed Leader, at email@example.com or 513.579.3116.