Ambassador Committee – Kaeli Halbauer 513.579.3159
- Open to all who have been a Chamber member for more than one year
- Purpose - Welcome new Chamber members through personal contact with an invitation to attend an upcoming networking event. Attends grand openings and ribbon cutting ceremonies for chamber member companies. Delivers certificates to member companies celebrating significant anniversaries for the number of years they’ve been in business.
Blue Ash Advisory Board – Diana Long 513.579.2946
Cincinnati USA Business Excellence Awards Examiners – Laurie Brinkman 513.686.2945
- Original committee members are given priority, and other members are invited as space permits.
- Purpose - Examiners confidentially review and score all applications over a 3-5 day period which will lead to the Awards finalists and winners.
- This is a great opportunity for members to connect with and be able to "get to know" other small businesses
Diverse by Design – Mary Stagaman 513.579.3129
Diverse by Design™ is one component of Agenda 360’s regional action plan. Together with Vision 2015, professionals work in collaboration with business, government and civic organizations to attract and retain diverse, high potential talent and move our region toward greater inclusion through five Action Teams. Get complete descriptions and get involved at Agenda360.org.
Downtown Council Steering Committee – Patrick Sheeran 513.579.3196
- Open to all Chamber members
- Purpose – To provide support, direction, advise, input, expertise regarding the Downtown Council events.
Government Affairs Council – Carrie Pastor 513.579.3183
- Open to all Chamber members
- Meets six times annually
- Purpose -- To provide opportunity for Chamber members to interact with the Government Affairs staff, business leaders and elected officials to discuss public policy issues and how they will impact the business community.
Safety Council Advisory Board – Diana Long 513.579.2946
- Open to any interested member in the Safety Council program
- Purpose – Providing quality safety programs to the Greater Cincinnati Safety Council, this committee meets annually to discuss pertinent topics and trends as well as to share insight on subject matter experts in the Safety sector as potential speakers.
Securing the Future – Laurie Brinkman 513.686.2945
- Open to any interested member in the non-profit sector
- Purpose – Committee shapes largest annual gathering of the region’s non-profit leaders and influencers by sharing ideas, insights as well as vetting keynote speakers.
Small Business Advisory Committee – John Bosse 513.686.2989
- By invitation – Owners of member companies with 1-50 emps
- Purpose – Advises the Chamber of key issues affecting small business in the region and how the Chamber can be understanding and responsive to the needs of small business members in areas including economic development, government advocacy, business growth and membership services. They will also provide strategic input, counsel and oversight to the Small Business and Programs Team of the Chamber to assist the staff in their efforts to meet the unique needs of small business members with programs, services and benefits that will enable members to achieve sustainable business success and experience value in being a member of the Chamber.
Women Excel (WE)
WE Link/Athena PowerLink Advisory Panel – Tamara Lang 513.579.3130
- Panelists must have an expertise in one of the advisory panel areas – HR, Strategic Planning, Process/Procedures or Marketing. There’s a call for applications in late Spring each year.
- Purpose - Advisory Panel members provide consulting service in their area of expertise to a woman-owned small business. The business is selected by a competitive application process. Members work individually with the company and attend four panel meetings over the course of the year to report progress.
- There is no compensation for service, but advisory panel members and their companies receive recognition in WE Link articles and publications. The term of commitment is one year.
WE Link/Athena PowerLink Governing Body – Tamara Lang 513.579.3130
- Governing body members are invited to join. Business expertise, especially in supporting small businesses in strongly desired.
- Purpose - Governing body members select the recipient of Advisory Panel support and oversee their work. The business is selected by a competitive application process. Members attend four meetings a year in addition to their work in the selection process.
- Governing body members receive recognition in WE Link articles and publications.
WE Celebrate Examiners – Tamara Lang 513.579.3130
- Members should have business expertise sufficient to be able to rate award applications. Invitations are sent to past examiners and other chamber committees in October of each year, but new participants are welcome.
- Purpose - WE Celebrate Examiners each rate 10-12 award applications on a variety of criteria.
- Examiners are able to attend the WE Celebrate event at no charge. This is a short term assignment involving one meeting in October and the time needed to rate the applications in early to mid November.