April 19, 2016
Glee East Fourth Choir earns Spirit Award at Cincy Sings
The Glee East Fourth Choir, facing stiff competition, took the Cincinnati Spirit Award in the CincySings Competition presented by Accenture and hosted by ArtsWave. More than 2,000 fans witnessed the April 13 competition at the Aronoff Center.
In the third year of the corporate choral competition created to inspire workplace giving to the annual ArtsWave campaign, CincySings is recognized as a national model for employee engagement. Yesterday, Americans for the Arts released a handbook written by ArtsWave that outlines how to run a corporate art challenge like CincySings.
Award winners from the 2016 CincySings presented by Accenture include:
- P&G African Ancestry Leadership Network’s Voices of Destiny Ensemble: First Place
- GE’s Any Direction: Runner Up
- Great American Insurance Group’s Treble Rebels: Fan Favorite
- Glee East Fourth (combined choir with Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, REDI Cincinnati, Port of Greater Cincinnati Development Authority, Partners for a Competitive Workforce and Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council): Cincinnati Spirit
- Duke Energy’s The Power Chords: Honorable Mention
- Cincinnati Insurance’s Insuring Harmony: Most Inspiring
More than 1,700 votes were cast in the fan favorite competition, in which Great American Insurance Group’s Treble Rebels won, which raised an additional $1,700 for the ArtsWave campaign.
“Companies that run ArtsWave employee campaigns are encouraged to participate in CincySings by hosting their own internal singing competitions known as “Sing Offs,” said Alecia Kintner, CEO & President of ArtsWave. “These friendly choir competitions have become hallmark events within the corporate campaigns at companies such as P&G and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, consistently increasing awareness and participation in the ArtsWave workplace campaigns.”