April 05, 2011
Chamber releases 2011 Policy Agenda
In 2011, new political landscapes have emerged at the state and national levels.
Proactive in efforts to influence the direction of government, the Chamber’s Government Affairs staff in collaboration with key Chamber volunteers worked to develop a comprehensive policy agenda representing the highest priorities of the Cincinnati USA business community.
"The Chamber's 2011 Policy Agenda represents a 360 degree view of our regional business community’s needs and gives our 4800 members a voice in the public policy debate," said Matt Davis, the Chamber's vice president for Government Affairs. "Advocacy is a critical activity for the Chamber and the Policy Agenda will allow us to clearly communicate the perspective of the business community on issues debated at the local, state and federal levels of government."
Government advocacy is a key strategy in achieving the Chamber’s goal of positioning the region as a global leader in business, and the Chamber will advocate for a business friendly climate that encourages investment, enhances business growth and cultivates a talented workforce with:
- Policies that strengthen the role of America’s small business as the engine of economic growth, including providing access to capital and keeping regulatory burdens low;
- Tax policies that keep America competitive internationally and reward success;
- Transportation policies investing in the efficient movement of goods and people, fostering economic impact;
- Healthcare policies that advance sustainable health institutions and foster an environment conducive to innovation and research;
- Labor policies protecting the rights of employers to manager employees and respond to market conditions;
- Energy and environmental policies incentivizing innovation consistent with market-based principles and sound science;
- Workforce policies that align targeted industry clusters with job skills and qualifications needed to meet market demands;
- Education policies that prepare children and adults to effectively enter and re-enter the workforce.
View the full Policy Agenda as a flipbook or download it for printing.