August 14, 2012
Anticipating the coming healthcare changes
The Affordable Care Act is now law. How will this affect small businesses and how they offer medical benefits? Businesses need to prepare for a number of healthcare changes that will take effect January 1, 2014. Attend this special session on Tuesday, August 28 to learn what your business needs to do to meet the new requirements. No charge for members to attend; $35 for non members. Registration and continental breakfast start at 8 a.m. and the program begins at 8:30 a.m.
The Chamber, along with, Humana, the Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati and HORAN Associates, will lead this session. Topics include:
- What is the Affordable Care Act - the history
- Who is affected - small business and 1/1/2014 requirements
- Planning - decisions employers will need to make in 2012
- Tax credits - who is eligible
- Health Insurance Exchanges - implications for Ohio
Featured Speakers will be Kathryn Keller, Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati, Karen Mueller, Executive Vice President and Partner at HORAN and Mark D. Wernicke, FSA, MAAA, MBA, Strategic Planning Leader & HealthCare Reform Actuary, Humana.
Register online now or call 513.579.3111.