August 28, 2012
Film Festival shines spotlight on Cincinnati
The world premiere of the James Franco and Winona Ryder film "The Letter" will be in Cincinnati USA, at the third annual Cincinnati Film Festival, September 6-14. The festival works to bring films and their filmmakers from around the world to engage the community while shining a spotlight on the city of Cincinnati.
Officially selected films will screen at the Esquire Theatre, with additional screenings at the Clifton Performance Theatre and workshops at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center.
- Opening Night screening, Thursday, September 6, of the "Cincinnati Beer Story" narrated by Gary Burbank, with OTR Brewery District walking tours preceding the red carpet event, also at the historic Emery Theatre.
- The world premiere of the James Franco and Winona Ryder film, "The Letter" Sunday, September 9, in conjunction with the awards gala at the Emery Theatre.
- Closing Night celebration, Friday, September 14, screening "Charlie Louvin: Still Rattlin' The Devil's Cage", co-directed by artist, Keith Neltner and "Thunder-Sky", about Cincinnati icon Raymond Thunder-Sky.
Chamber member businesses and employees: there is a unique opportunity to use this international event to promote your region, company and community participation:
- Donate swag for our filmmaker gift bags
- Donate frequent flyer miles or fiscally support our filmmakers' flights, accommodations
- Host a filmmaker and join CFF ambassador program
- Volunteer during the event
- Take advantage of group sales discounts for your employees
Visit www.cincinnatifilmfestival.com to learn more today