December 14, 2010
Congratulations to the 2010 WE Celebrate Award winners
A crowd of more than 650 gathered at the fifth-annual WE Celebrate Awards at the downtown Hyatt on December 8 to honor women in business, woman-business advocates and woman-owned businesses for their achievement, innovation, social responsibility and mentoring. The event is part of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber's women's leadership initiative, Women Excel.
The event featured a keynote address from Beth Comstock, the chief marketing officer with General Electric Co.
There were 32 finalists in eight categories this year. The complete list of honorees is:
Woman-Owned Business of the Year
- Winner:Abstract Displays, Inc. (Carla Eng)
- Runner Up: Best Upon Request Corporate, Inc. (Tillie Hidalgo Lima)
Best New Product or Service of the Year
- Winner: Steller Accessories LLC, dba Purse Perfector (Lyn Marsteller)
- Runner Up: Sweaty Bands (Donna Browning)
Marketing to Women: Best Campaign of the Year
- Winner:The Kroger Co., Giving Hope a Hand
- Runner Up: Landor Associates, Inspired by Anne
Community Impact: Business of the Year
- Winner: Elyse Camulli Jarard, Venus Fitness for Her
- Runner Up: Julia Poston, Ernst & Young LLP
Business Mentor of the Year
- Winner: Melvin Gravely, Institute for Entrepreneurial Thinking, Ltd.
- Runner Up: Helen Carroll, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America
Woman of the Year – Nonprofit
- Winner:Lisa FitzGibbon, Easter Seals Work Resource Center
- Runner Up: Judith Wimberg, St. Ursula Academy
Woman of the Year – Entrepreneur
- Winner: Mary Miller, JANCOA Janitorial Services Inc.
- Runner Up: Dr. Cathy Rosenbaum, Rx Integrative Solutions, Inc.
Woman of the Year – Corporate
- Winner: Karen Maier, Frisch's Restaurants, Inc.
- Runner Up:Susan Croushore, The Christ Hospital
The Chamber offers its congratulations to all the honorees and winners. Special thanks to the 2010 WE Celebrate Award sponsors: