February 16, 2016
Urgency and opportunity for Cincinnati
Securing the Future is the Chamber's annual half-day development conference for nonprofits. This year's conference, held on March 23, will feature a keynote from Amanda Maria Navarro of PolicyLink and provide organizations with an Equitable Development toolkit as an approach to creating healthy, vibrant communities of opportunity.Navarro's keynote will focus on Why Equity Matters: The Urgency and Opportunity for Cincinnati.
What is PolicyLink?
- A national research and action institute advancing economic and social equity.
- Their initiative, Lifting Up What Works, focuses attention on how people are working successfully to create conditions that benefit everyone.
7:30 a.m. | Registration/Breakfast Buffet
8 a.m. | Welcome
8:30-9:15 a.m. | Amanda Maria Navarro, Keynote
9:15-9:30 a.m. | Break
9:30-10 a.m. | Interactive Networking (Table Discussion)
10:15-11 a.m. and 11-11:45 a.m. | Breakout Sessions (Attendee to pick two on-site)
1. Healthy Communities | TBA
2. Education | Led by Karen Bankston, University of Cincinnati
3. Disaggregation of Data | Led by Whayne Herriford, Knowledgeworks
4. Implicit Bias | Led by Charla Weiss, Cincinnati Children's Hospital
11:45 a.m.-noon | Wrap-up and Adjourn
Wednesday, March 23
The Cintas Center
1624 Herald Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45207
Chamber Members: $55
$5 off per ticket will automatically be applied for quantities of 3 or more.