February 02, 2016
Macy’s Arts Sampler celebrates its 30th Year
Macy’s Arts Sampler presented by ArtsWave returns February 27 and 28, celebrating its 30th year connecting Greater Cincinnati residents with the amazing arts opportunities offered in our region.
The weekend-long program includes more than 100 events, activities and performances across more than 30 venues in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Sunday’s events are at Music Hall, giving people another chance to enjoy the historic building before it closes for renovations in May 2016. All Arts Sampler events are free and open to the public thanks to Macy’s sponsorship.
“Macy’s Arts Sampler gives everyone a chance to discover the wide variety of arts across our region,” said Alecia Kintner, President and CEO of ArtsWave. “It’s a great way to spend a weekend with family and friends and try something new.”
ArtsWave is the nation’s oldest and largest community arts campaign. Every year, tens of thousands of people contribute to the annual ArtsWave Community Campaign to support the arts programs and institutions that make our region a vibrant, fun and interesting place to live, work and visit. The 2016 Campaign goal will be announced in February by co-chairs Jill Meyer, president and CEO of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, and renowned concert pianist Awadagin Pratt.
For three decades, ArtsWave has used Sampler Weekend to shine a spotlight on arts organizations large and small that are supported by the annual Community Campaign. Highlights of 30th Macy’s Arts Sampler weekend include:
- Joint concert of the Cincinnati Symphony, Cincinnati Opera, May Festival Chorus, Cincinnati Ballet and others presented by Dewey’s Pizza
- A creative writing workshop for all ages at the Cincinnati Public Library
- Performances from Cincinnati Boy Choir, Queen City Chamber Opera and others at the MY Cincinnati Firehouse in Price Hill
- A craft workshop, making hand-cut silhouettes, at the Taft Museum of Art
- Hands-on art-making for the whole family at Art Academy of Cincinnati
- Madcap Puppet performances at the Cincinnati Art Museum
- Family drama workshops at Music Hall, led by Playhouse in the Park
- Musical performances, hands-on arts activities and more at Music Hall
Visit www.theartswave.org for a complete schedule of events.