January 10, 2012
Innovation Awards nominations are open
The Cincinnati Business Courier and Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber and community partner, CincyTech are proud to announce the 2nd annual Cincinnati USA Innovation Awards competition, celebrating innovative companies and people that show how new ideas can be developed into fuel for the Tri-State's economic engine.
Winners will be honored at an event to be held on April 17, 2012, and will be featured in a Courier supplement to the April 20th weekly print edition.
There is no fee to submit a nomination. The deadline for submission is Jan. 20, 2012.
Applicants must choose one of the following categories they feel their project best exemplifies:
- Outstanding Emerging Innovation: The winning Nominee is a person or company working on the basic research phase of an innovation - for three years or less, pre-commercialization - that has received grant money or outside money and that demonstrates the potential for continued growth and success.
- Outstanding Bioscience Innovation: The winning Nominee is a company that has achieved a significant milestone in the life sciences, including but not limited to drug therapeutics, medical devices, medical imaging and pharmacogenomics.
- Outstanding Information Technology Innovation: The winning Nominee is a company that has achieved a significant milestone in information technology, including hardware and software, packaged applications, custom applications and digital media.
- Outstanding Marketing Innovation: The winning Nominee is a company that has achieved a significant milestone in consumer marketing.
- Outstanding Advanced Engineering Innovation: The winning Nominee is a company that has achieved a significant milestone in advanced engineering - where technology is used to design a product.
More information and nomination forms
University of Cincinnati College of Engineering & Applied Science