January 24, 2012
Chamber takes legislative priorities to Statehouse and U.S. Capitol
Every year, the Chamber takes a delegation of members to Columbus and Washington, D.C. to advocate on behalf of the Cincinnati USA business community. These are critical trips, with the potential to significantly impact the economic growth and success of the region. While in Columbus and D.C., members will have the opportunity to meet with elected officials, administration representatives, and key governmental leaders to communicate the legislative priorities for the business community in Cincinnati.
The 2012 Columbus Drive-In will take place on Wednesday, March 28. The Chamber's legislative priorities for which we will be advocating include:
- The recommendations contained within "Redesigning Ohio" including bottom line budgeting and a thorough tax expenditure review.
- Greater investment and support for the Ohio Third Frontier and JobsOhio.
- Continued Investment in the Chamber's top transportation infrastructure priorities.
- Responsible development of Ohio's existing energy resources.
- Policies that strengthen accountability for teachers and administrators and focus on education outcomes in our school systems.
Register online for the Columbus Drive-In, or call 513.579.3111.
The 2012 Washington, D.C. Fly-In will take place on Wednesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 22. The Chamber's legislative priorities for which we will be advocating include:
- The passage of a multi-year surface transportation bill to fund highway projects that will grow the economy and put Americans back to work.
- Regulatory reform such as the Regulations from the Executive in Need of Scrutiny (REINS) Act to ease regulatory rules and burdens on business.
- Permanent extensions of tax credits that allow businesses to invest in human resources and the economy including the 2001 and 2003 tax relief packages, Research & Experimentation tax credit, and the New Markets tax credit.
- The passage of a multi-year Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) bill.
- Reauthorization of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
If you are interested in attending the DC Fly-In, please contact Jason Kershner at 513-579-3120.
For more information on either of these trips, please contact Jason Kershner at 513-579-3120.