January 08, 2013
Build our new bridge now
Do your part to help solve the congestion on the functionally obsolete Brent Spence Bridge. Make one call, send one email or spend five minutes on Facebook or Twitter. It's that easy to tell your legislators that we need to replace the Brent Spence Bridge now!
1. Make the call. One of the best ways to let legislators know that you want the Brent Spence Bridge project started is to call the legislative hotline at 1-800-372-7181. Tell the operator you want a message delivered to your Senator, your Representative and all of leadership:
- The Brent Spence Bridge is unsafe, and has been labeled functionally obsolete
- The lack of a new bridge is costing our region jobs.
- We need a creative solution to fund a new bridge because the federal government doesn't have the money to pay for the entire project.
- One of the best ways to quickly, safely, and efficiently replace the bridge is through public-private-partnership legislation, which has not yet passed in Kentucky.
- Please deliver this message to my Senator, my Representative, and to all the members of leadership in both parties in both the Ohio/Kentucky House and Ohio/Kentucky Senate.
2. E-mail your legislators in Columbus or Frankfort, and in Washington D.C. Another way to engage your representatives is to e-mail them. How do you do that? It's simple.
After you click the link, just provide your zip code and follow the prompts.
3. Deliver a message through social media. Do you use Facebook and Twitter? So do your legislators. Tweet at them or post information on their Facebook pages about replacing the Brent Spence Bridge.