July 19, 2011
Safety Council now open for group-experience firms; enrollment ends July 31
If you're a group experience-rated firm, the Greater Cincinnati Safety Council has great news: your company can now participate and earn up to a 2% rebate.
Thousands of companies save money on Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) premiums by actively participating in local safety councils. If your company isn't enrolled, you could be leaving money on the table. When non-group experience companies reduce either the severity or frequency of injuries by 10%, or keep both at zero, they can earn an additional 2% performance bonus rebate.
To qualify for the rebate, companies must:
- Join your local safety council by July 31, 2011
- Attend 10 safety council meetings or BWC sponsored events**
- Send a qualified senior-level manager to a safety council sponsored meeting
- Submit semi-annual workplace accident reports for the 2011 calendar year
* The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers, state agencies and employers enrolled in BWC's group-retrospective programs. However, BWC encourages everyone to become active safety council members.
** At least eight through the local safety council. You can get credit for up to two meetings through attendance at the BWC's Division of Safety & Hygiene (DSH) safety training courses or industry-specific training.
Meetings are held monthly at The Oasis Conference Center in Loveland.
Enroll or get more information now
Greater Cincinnati Safety Council
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber