June 03, 2014
New directions, opportunities in energy markets
Join us Tuesday, June 24 at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden to learn about Ohio's energy landscape and how your business can take advantage of new directions and opportunities in energy markets.
Speaker: Mr. James P. Henning, Duke Energy Ohio, Inc./Duke Energy Kentucky, Inc
Mr. Henning will welcome attendees and offer an industry perspective on the ever changing energy landscape along with how Duke Energy is positioning itself to meet customer needs in a safe and reliable way.
You will also hear from industry experts who will highlight valuable information your business needs to know, including:
- The Best Place to Start: Understanding your Duke Energy bill and how to act on the information presented. Speaker: Ms. Lera Hiler, Customer Account Specialist, Duke Energy
- Energy Suppliers:develop and evaluate an apples-to-apples comparison of energy suppliers. Information on apps and other modeling. How to evaluate the numbers. Speaker: Mr. Greg Elam, President, Step Resources
- The Big Picture: How to assess your energy profile – where to start, how much you can do yourself and when to call in expert help. Presenter: The Greater Cincinnati Energy Alliance
- Incentives: How to identify energy efficiency projects that can qualify for financial incentives and how to apply for this valuable funding. Speaker: Mr. Ken Muth, Duke Energy.
- Case Study: The Cincinnati Zoo has invested millions in a range of energy projects, from solar to waste water. Why? Did the Zoo realize its goals?
Mark Fisher is the Zoo’s Vice President, Facilities, Planning, & Sustainability. Mark will describe the business case that guides the Zoo’s extensive commitment to investments in on-site energy projects. You can learn from Mark’s experience – he has dealt with problems and challenges that you are likely to confront! Mark will answer questions that could impact work – and success – at your facility!
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens
Tree Top Room
3400 Vine Street | Cincinnati, OH 45220
Registration: 8:00a.m. -- 8:30a.m.
Program: 8:30a.m. – 12:00p.m.
Cost: Member $45.00 | Gold Members: FREE | Non-Member $90.00 *Includes continental breakfast
Presented By Excellence Sponsor