June 12, 2012
Accenture executive to keynote WE Celebrate
Mark your calendar now for the seventh-annual WE Celebrate event and get ready to be inspired by one of the country’s most influential female business executives: Camille Mirshokrai, global director of leadership development at Accenture.
In her role with Accenture, Mirshokrai is responsible for the company’s leadership development strategy, including succession planning for all of the key leadership roles for about 244,000 employees.
Driven out of Iran by the 1979 revolution, Mirshokrai came to the United States when she was 12 years old.
As she told author Marcus Buckingham when interviewed for “Advice from 4 Successful Women,” an Oprah.com article, “You can’t be a leader today without being a steward to other women.”
WE Celebrate will be held Thursday, Dec. 6, 8-10 a.m.
The event recognizes women in business and woman-owned businesses. Finalists receive recognition in a Business Courier insert, on the Chamber’s website, and at the event, which was attended by nearly 700 people last year.
This year’s award categories include:
- Woman-Owned Business of the Year
- Best New Product or Service of the Year
- Community Impact: Business of the Year
- Business Mentor of the Year
- Woman of the Year (Corporate, Nonprofit and Entrepreneur)
- Marketing to Women: Best Campaign of the Year
- Businesses WE Watch – Uncover the region’s top woman-owned companies that are on the path to big success. These are the companies every business should connect with now as they blaze a trail to future growth through innovative practices and offerings.
Details and application