June 07, 2011
Kolar selected as WE Link / ATHENA PowerLink® advisory panel recipient
The Chamber is pleased to announce that Chamber Member Kelly Kolar of Kolar Design, was selected as the 2011 WE Link/ ATHENAPowerLink® advisory panel recipient. Kolar Design was chosen from among a number of applicants based upon the company’s track record of success and potential for growth.
Using the national ATHENAPowerLink® program, WE Link connects the selected women business owner with a skilled advisory panel to give her one year of free consultation. The advisory panel will be made up of business professionals selected to meet the needs of this particular business to help her achieve networking, capital, operational and strategic goals. The program also helps enhance the business owner's leadership and management skills for future business endeavors.
Applicants are evaluated on their goals, objectives, business plan, market/business knowledge and self awareness. Companies must also meet the following criteria:
- 51% of business is owned and actively managed by a woman or women
- At least two years in operation
- At least two full-time employees, including applicant
- At least $250,000 in annual gross revenues for a manufacturing or retail business; or at least $100,000 in annual gross revenues for a service business
- Clearly defined business objectives and specific reasons for seeking an Advisory Panel
Over the next year, Kolar will work with her panel closely to develop her business through open discussions on her goals for the business and the issues she’s facing. All of this is done with the ultimate goal in mind – to strengthen her business and come out even stronger after she graduates the program.
For more information on Kelly Kolar and Kolar Design, visit kolardesign.net