March 11, 2014
Chamber turns 175! Join the party
Join the Party!
If you’re reading this e-newsletter, chances are you’re located in Cincinnati USA, a three-state, 15-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Home to 2.2 million residents, 120,000 businesses, more Fortune® 500 companies per capita than NY, Chicago or Los Angeles, smart universities, fantastic arts and entertainment, professional sports, great neighborhoods – and the country’s second oldest and fifth largest Chamber of Commerce in the U.S.
Celebrate with us – listen to what members like you have to say at CincinnatiChamber.com or wlw700.com, search “Chamber” – or submit your story, be it your anniversary or a special milestone in your company’s success, or why your firm joined Chamber membership. We’ll run in this e-newsletter and our web and help you connect with even more of our 5,000 members here in Cincinnati USA.
On October 15, 1839, 75 business leaders and owners -- including two of our founding members, P&G and the precursor to Duke, The Cincinnati Gas & Coke Company -- took an ad out in the Cincinnati Daily Gazette...issuing an 'all-call', if you will, for businesses to "meet and to promote the mercantile interests" of the city. Since then, your Chamber has partnered with area businesses to:
- Amplify voices with elected officials to promote a pro-business environment; our region has the lowest tax structure of any U.S. city, according to KPMG, and the Chamber helped effect $2.6B in tax cuts in 2013;
- Attract and keep businesses—and jobs: 16K new jobs with $571m in capital investments in 2013;
- Connect members with each other for business opportunities, recognition, networking and education, including leadership development curriculum;
- Save members $25M annually on health and workers’ comp premiums, electricity, office supplies, payment processing, airfare through group-buying power discounts;
- Work to make the region more diverse and inclusive, and grow sustainable minority-owned firms to grow even more jobs; and
- Celebrate the rich brewing, river, culinary and sports heritage of Cincinnati USA with community-wide festivals!
“We’re proud to do business in this region,” offers Greg Houston with DeanHouston, a marketing firm specializing in energy and finance, and celebrating its 25th anniversary. “We joined the Chamber because we value the connectivity, cost savings and collaboration that chambers like ours and others bring. Together, we are stronger and can accomplish more on behalf of the area, from getting the attention of our government officials, to making connections with other businesses and regions to do business with, to working together on big issues, like making sure that we’re attracting and training the workers we need for our companies. I’m glad we’re a member – happy anniversary, Chamber!”
For more information on the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, visit CincinnatiChamber.com. Once you’re there, try the Chamber’s ROI Calculator to see how much your investment merits, check out the Chamber Programs for You Pathfinder for the types of programs tailored for you and listen to what other members have to say at Member Stories – it’s under the “Join” tab.
Questions about this information, ways to get involved, increase exposure for your company or take advantage of your company’s membership? Call us. 513.579.3111