March 01, 2016
Greater Cincinnati companies commit to more than $11M in capital investment
Greater Cincinnati’s diverse economy is highlighted in the five projects approved at the Ohio Tax Credit Authority (TCA) Board on Monday, February 29. REDI Cincinnati, the region’s leading economic development initiative announces the following projects received TCA approval: Blue & Co. of Ohio, LLC; Brothers Trading Co., Inc.; Macy’s Credit and Customer Services (including FDS Bank); Health Carousel, LLC; and PatientPoint. Combined, the companies commit to create more than 350 new jobs, retain close to 2,000 jobs and invest more than $11 million in capital investment.
“From financial services and biohealth companies to logistics and distribution, these projects demonstrate some of Greater Cincinnati’s core strengths,” said Kimm Coyner, managing director, projects & JobsOhio for REDI Cincinnati. “Our economy thrives when companies like these choose to remain and grow in our region.”
The approved projects include:
- Blue & Co., LLC: This Indiana-based consulting company focuses on business, healthcare, investment and accounting consulting, with approximately 11 offices in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.
- Brothers Trading Co. Inc. dba. Victory Wholesale Group: A leader in the promotional wholesale industry, the company focuses on three critical areas: Service, product availability/price and people. Distribution facilities and inventory investment ensures a large variety of on-hand, aggressively priced product.
- Macy’s Credit and Customer Services (including FDS Bank): The division of Macy’s Credit & Customer Services provides customer service, sales support for small- and big-ticket online purchases, as well as back-office services support. The company is consolidating aspects of its back-office operations from another part of the country.
- Health Carousel, LLC: This workforce solutions company is focused on the healthcare industry. It recruits, employs and contracts U.S.-licensed clinical healthcare professionals to work at hospitals, home health organizations and skilled nursing facilities.
- PatientPoint: The trusted leader in patient and physician engagement at the point of care, delivering video and interactive digital content, informative articles and brochures to patients and physicians nationwide. These solutions help healthcare professionals improve health outcomes and patient satisfaction, and arm patients with the resources they need to make informed decisions about their health. The company plans to increase its footprint in the area, with specific details of the expansion to come at a later date.
2016 REDI Cincinnati YTD Project Commitment Metrics*
498 Total New Jobs Created; 2,283 Total Retained Jobs and $16.3M Capital Investment
February 2016 projects
- Blue & Co., LLC – New Jobs: 20; Retained Jobs: 19; Total Capital Investment: $0
- Brothers Trading Co., Inc. – New Jobs: 50; Retained Jobs: 225; Total Capital Investment: $11,000,000
- Macy's Credit and Customer Services (including FDS Bank) – New Jobs: 175; Retained Jobs: 1,559; Total Capital Investment: $0
- Health Carousel, LLC – New Jobs: 85; Retained Jobs: 64; Total Capital Investment: $435,000
- PatientPoint Network Solutions, LLC – New Jobs: 22; Retained Jobs: 112; Total Capital Investment: $100,000
January 2016 projects
- Quotient Technology Inc. – New Jobs: 100; Retained Jobs: 47; Total Capital Investment: $1,500,000
- Planes Moving & Storage Inc. – New Jobs: 30; Retained Jobs: 229; Total Capital Investment: $3,000,000
- Reztark Design Studio, LLC – New Jobs: 16; Retained Jobs: 28; Total Capital Investment: $250,000