March 15, 2011
The benefits of winning a small business award
There’s still time to submit nominations for the Chamber’s 2011 Small Business Excellence Awards. Past winners tell us this recognition has boosted their business in ways they did not imagine. The deadline of March 25 is fast approaching, so download your application today.
Small Business Excellence Award winners, runners-up and all finalists will be recognized at the annual luncheon, to be held Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m., at the Millennium Hotel downtown with keynote speaker Erin Schreyer, president of Sagestone Partners. Register now
- Small Business of the Year | 1 to 50 employees
- Small Business of the Year | 51 to 250 employees
- Emerging Business of the Year | must be in business 5 years or less
- Minority Business of the Year | must be a certified MBE
- Nonprofit of the Year | must submit a 501© form
- 10 Under 10 | recognizes 10 businesses with fewer than 10 employees
- Community Involvement Award | requires separate application for consideration
Winners will be chosen by a panel of examiners composed of business owners and advisors, based upon a close examination of critical business success factors listed in the applications.
Benefits of winning:
- The event draws up to 600 attendees including some of Cincinnati USA’s top political and corporate leaders, providing significant exposure for winners and finalists.
- Winners and finalists in each category will receive recognition in ChamberConnect—the Chamber’s quarterly newsletter mailed to more than 5,000 businesses—and ChamberCurrents—the Chamber’s weekly e-newsletter.
- Winners and finalists will be mentioned in news releases to local media outlets as well as other PR efforts.
- All winners and runners-up will receive a customized SBEA logo that they may use in their future marketing and promotions identifying them as a 2011 SBEA winner.
- Finalists will be featured in an ad and newspaper supplement appearing in the Business Courier before the event. Winners will be featured in an additional ad following the event.
- Additional promotion includes inclusion on the Chamber website, In the Queue event listing, etc.
SBEA Application Deadline: March 25, 2011
For more information and to download your application today, visit the award pages.
Completed applications and all requirements must be returned to the Chamber by March 25, 2011.
For further questions about the 2011 Small Business Excellence Awards, contact Laurie Brinkman at 513.686.2945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.