March 11, 2014
Member eye care provider celebrates 100 years
When Dr. Philip A. Wing began examining eyes and prescribing and making glasses in 1914, he could not have foreseen that his family practice would become the largest optometric group practice in the state of Ohio. Dr. Philip A. Wing was one of the very first to be licensed in Ohio as an optometrist when licensing began. He was an innovator then, providing the first "One Hour" glasses service ever by transporting his patient's frames to a downtown lab and back the same day. Years later, his son, Marvin Wing became the second optometrist in the family, practicing for years with his father. In the mid-70's, grandson Philip M. Wing joined the practice as the third generation family doctor. It was Dr. Philip M. Wing's vision of a multi-location group practice that initiated the opening of the second office on Colerain Avenue, managed by Dr. Thomas Nagy. Since then, 10 more Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky offices have been added, serving over 50,000 patients each year.
This new year marks the 100th anniversary of the family practice. To celebrate 100 years, Wing Eyecare will be rewarding patients for their loyalty with 100 drawings to win free annual supplies of contact lenses. They will also be coordinating through local charitable organizations to donate 100 free eye exams and 100 pair of glasses to the neediest in the community. Wing invites all to help celebrate this important achievement and thank's its customers for their past patronage.
Wing Eye Care website