May 08, 2012
2012 Best of Taste awards recognize city’s top cuisine
Arloi Dee Thai Bistro Takes Top Award
Thirty area restaurants served more than 80 dishes to some of the most discerning taste buds in Cincinnati USA on May 7. They were competing at Best of Taste, the region’s most prestigious annual culinary competition and precursor to Taste of Cincinnati.
The judges - celebrities, foodies and the epicurious - named the Crab & Shrimp Dumpling with Noodle from Arloi Dee Thai Bistro as the Best Damn Dish. The award is for the most votes via blind taste tests of all the dishes entered into the competition.
Additionally, du jours/Courtyard Café and ZZ’s Pizza Company each won three awards. And du jours/Courtyard Café won the goVibrant Award for its Black Bean Burrito, given to a healthy food option that will be available at Taste.
The following are the winners of the 2012 Best of Taste Awards:
- Best of Taste: Strasse Haus, Fried Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Award of Excellence: LaRosa’s, Spinach Rondo
- Award of Merit: Market Street Grille, Stuffed Chicken Amore
- Best of Taste: du jours/Courtyard Café, Hunter’s Home Turkey Chili
- Award of Excellence: ZZ’s Pizza Company, Caprese Salad
- Award of Merit: City Barbeque, Gumbo
- Best of Taste: Arloi Dee Thai Bistro, Crab & Shrimp Dumpling with Noodle
- Award of Excellence: ZZ’s Pizza Company, Seafood Pizza
- Award of Merit: Mahagony’s, Shrimp and Grits
- Best of Taste: Andy’s Mediterranean Grille, Gyro Wrap
- Award of Excellence: Claddagh Irish Pub, Jameson Burger
- Award of Merit: Lazlo’s Iron Skillet, Walking Chicken Saltimbocca
- Best of Taste: du jours/Courtyard Café, Black Bean Burrito
- Award of Excellence: J. Gumbo’s, Bumblebee Stew
- Award of Merit: LaRosa’s, Skinny Wheat Pizza
- Best of Taste: ZZ’s Pizza Company, Banana Cream Pie
- Award of Excellence: du jour’s/Courtyard Café, Raspberry Cloud Pie
- Award of Merit: Claddagh Irish Pub, Bread Pudding
Best Damn Dish
- Arloi Dee Thai Bistro, Crab & Shrimp Dumpling with Noodle
View photos from the 2012 Best of Taste competition
Taste of Cincinnati USA, presented by Meijer, the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber and Miller Lite, is the city’s showcase of music and food and the region’s annual kickoff to summer. Taste features more than 40 area restaurants, more than 75 entertainment acts and approximately 500,000 grazing gourmets in attendance. Taste of Cincinnati USA will ladle up the food, fun and festivities on Memorial Day weekend: Saturday and Sunday, May 26 and 27, from noon to midnight, and Monday, May 28, from noon to 9 p.m. Admission to Taste of Cincinnati USA is free. For more information, visit TasteofCincinnati.com, our mobile site at m.TasteofCincinnati.com, our page on Facebook and on Twitter following @CincinnatiParty or the #cincytaste hashtag.