November 19, 2013
WE Celebrate introduces Pinnacle Award recipient in 2013
The Chamber has unveiled the finalists for the eighth annual WE Celebrate Awards. A program of Women Excel, presented by Fifth Third Bank, WE Celebrate will honor women and woman-owned businesses at the awards breakfast on December 5 at the Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati.
New to the event in 2013, the Chamber will also present the inaugural WE Celebrate Pinnacle Award – recognizing a woman who has reached the peak of career success and community impact – to Victoria Buyniski Gluckman.
Vickie founded United Medical Resources, Inc. 1983 and led the company to phenomenal growth as CEO for 25 years before selling it to United Health Group, the single largest health carrier in the nation. Recognized as a Fast Company Magazine Top 25 “Women Who Are Changing the Game,” Vickie provided the kind of qualified, informed leadership that led the organizations she served to excellence. Now retired, Vickie serves on the boards of U.S. Bancorp and Ohio National Financial Services. She shares her community leadership skills on the boards of The Christ Hospital, Playhouse in the Park, Strive, Success By 6, The Christ College of Nursing and Elizabeth Gamble Deaconess Home Association.
This year's emcee is Q102 DJ Laura Powell.
WE Celebrate Awards Breakfast
December 5, 2013, 8-9:30 a.m.
Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati
Tickets are $50 for individual Chamber members and $75 for non-members. Tables and corporate patron tables are also available. For more information, call (513) 579-3111.
2013 WE Celebrate Finalists
Community Impact: Business of the Year
Mentor of the Year
- Lynn Elfers, Founder, CEO, Affordable Language Services
- Sandra Gross, Owner, Brazee Street Studios
- Tracy Nichols, President/CEO, PM/PC Direct, Inc.
- Robin Throckmorton, President, strategic HR inc.
- Alicia Tidwell, Senior Manager, Diversity & Inclusion, Luxottica
- Sandra Ambrose, President, ESJ Carrier/Without a Doubt
- Tamara Harkavy, CEO & Artistic Director, ArtWorks
- Pamela Lowe, Vice President, Senior Development Consultant, Fifth Third Bank
- Jodi Truckor, Cincinnati College Outreach Committee Lead, Network of Executive Women
- Janice Urbanik, Executive Director, Partners for a Competitive Workforce
Best New Product/Service of the Year
- Denise Bartick, President & CEO, MAX Technical Training
- Suzanne Burke, CEO, Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio
- Linda Fritz, Owner, Sun Sugar Farms, LLC
- Brooke Griffin, CEO, Skinny Mom
- Ashley Werthaiser, CEO/President, Wright Brothers Global Gas, LLC
Woman-owned Business of the Year
- Karen Cooper, President, SmartIT Staffing
- Cathy Lindemann, President, Evolution creative solutions
- Kristen Lindy, President, Green Mountain Group
- Litsa Spanos, President, ADC Art Design Consultants, Inc.
- Teri Stautberg, CEO, General Factory/WD Supply
Woman of Year - Corporate
- Jan Armstrong Cobb, Vice President, Asset Management & Customer Service, Duke Realty Corporation
- Andrea Ayers, President & CEO Convergys, Convergys
- Linda Burtwistle, President, First Student
- Kim Heiman, Managing Director, Standard Textile
- Susan B. Zaunbrecher, Chair of Corporate Department, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
Woman of Year - Entrepreneur
- Susan Ingmire, President, Ignite Philanthropy Advisors
- Mackey McNeill, President & CEO, Mackey Advisors & Ignite Prosperity, Inc.
- Terry Segerberg, CEO, MESA Industries, Inc.
- Julie Toren, Owner, BodyMind Balance
- Lori Wellinghoff, President, DIGS|Real Estate|Design|Renovation|™
Woman of Year - Nonprofit
- Jennifer Hauck, Vice President, American Heart Association
- Ellen Katz, President & CEO, The Children's Home of Cincinnati
- Valerie Landell, President/CEO, Visiting Nurse Association
- Mary McCullough-Hudson, President & CEO, ArtsWave
- Dr. Cady Short-Thompson, Dean, UC Blue Ash College, UC Blue Ash College
Businesses WE Watch
- Connie Goins, APG Office Furnishings
- Emily Frank, C'est Cheese Food Truck
- Annie McManis, Copperfox Marketing
- Megan Prather, Dogtown Cincinnati
- Denise Munson, Erlanger Window Cleaning
- Jenna Dunham and Katie Rhodes, FitChixx LLC
- Jill Z. McBride, Forza Marketing
- Janet Chambers, I Have Wings Breast Cancer Foundation
- Mary Welsh Schlueter, The Partnership for Innovation in Education (PIE)
- Mimi Rasor, Rasor Marketing Communications
|A program of Women Excel, presented by: WE Celebrate presenting sponsor:|
Media sponsor: Video sponsor: