September 20, 2016
Member helps organizations create harmony
Rhonda Pfaltzgraff-Carlson, PhD of Harmony Management Consulting Services focuses on serving local and regional organizations in the Greater Cincinnati area. While there are many I-O psychologists in the United States and around the world, there are only a few in Cincinnati. Small and medium-sized companies and nonprofit organizations can benefit from this knowledge, so she focusing on serving these clients.
In particular, Harmony Management Consulting Services helps organizations:
- Attract and Retain Talent Organizations with positive work cultures are more likely to attract and retain the talent they need, so I help clients understand their culture and pinpoint areas for change and improvement.
- Avoid Litigation and Unionization Conflict in groups, teams and organizations is normal but doesn't need to be divisive. I help people and organizations move through discord, end destructive tendencies and build constructive change.
- Improve Team Performance Groups and teams make the decisions, products and services that propel organizations. I help team members work together better, so that the group's performance and outcomes improve.
Here are some examples of recent wins:
- The director of a governmental agency invited Rhonda to discuss a challenge. A couple of his staff members weren't talking to each other. They were two of the five members on his supervisory team. Harmony Management Consulting aided the supervisors to talk to each other, then created a pathway to ensure communication continued.
- A division of a large university was struggling with low attendance. Focus groups were held in each department to determine the reasons for lateness and absenteeism. As the facilitator of the focus groups, Rhonda asked the first question to get the conversation started. Due to low trust, no one responded. At the end, the members of the focus group shared their concerns and discover the roots of the attendance issues.
- A Fortune 500 financial services firm wanted to increase engagement and retain its high performers, but they didn't have internal talent to administer the survey or the statistical expertise to determine the drivers of the outcomes they were targeting. Rhonda assisted the financial services firm in determining the areas that increased engagement and retained their higher performers.
To learn how Harmony Management Consulting Services might help your organization, call 513.401.5218 or visit Harmony Management Consulting Services.