September 25, 2012
Who will you be schmoozing with on October 4th?
SCHMOOZA \'shmu zah\ (verb): to converse casually, especially for social and business connections
PALOOZA \'pa lu zah\ (noun): a large scale party!
On October 4th, join hundreds of professionals from all around Cincinnati USA, plus more than 50 area businesses and restaurants for a night of networking and fun! Don't miss your opportunity to get your schmooze on with local businesses like:
Abel Fitness Training
Brown Mackie College
Buca di Beppo
Business Technical Services
CMC Properties/The Perfect Small Office Center
Cincinnati Symphony and Pops
City of Blue Ash
Franklin Financial Services Company
Full Service Networking
Full Throttle Indoor Karting
Innovative Student Loan Solutions
Interlink Cloud Advisors
Japan America Society of Greater Cincinnati
Koorsen Fire & Security
Libertas Technologies, LLC
Metro Bus Service
Millennium Business Systems
MountJoy Chilton Medley LLP
Nish Tech, Inc.
The Oasis Conference Center
Panera Bread Cincinnati
Print Web Technlogies
Purple Trout LLC
Sandler Training by Roth & Associates
Scherzinger Pest Control
Tano Bistro & Catering
Taste of Belgium Bistro
TGI Friday's Catering
Thomas More College/TAP Program
Trish McEvoy Cosmetics
Western & Southern Financial Group
Zone Communication Group
Once you're there - don't forget these top five networking tips:
- Don't sell. As counterintuitive as it sounds, you're not actually at a networking event to close any deals; you're there to build relationships and widen your referral base.
- Ask questions. Engage others by focusing on them. Initiate a conversation by asking, "What do you do?"
- Practice your statement. Be ready with a 15-20 second polished statement about what you do - but don't recite it until somebody asks.
- Exercise card restraint. Get to know the real people behind the cards. Wait until the end of the conversation to ask for a card, and don't offer yours unless you're asked.
- Bring a friend. Arriving at a networking event with an associate alleviates some of the initial awkwardness.
Not only will there be killer networking opportunities, but fun entertainment like a palm reader, magnetic dartboard, Pop-a-shot, a DJ, and the HYPE PhotoBooth. Restaurants will be providing free samples, and Cavalier Distributing will hold beer tastings all night long. CincyChic's booth will feature a professional makeup artist, and the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden's booth will have animals straight from the zoo! SchmoozaPalooza is THE place to be on October 4th