September 29, 2015
Nominate a 'Difference maker'
Duke Energy Children’s Museum’s Difference Makers Celebration honors youth, adults, businesses and agencies that share our focus to better the lives of children in our community. Difference Makers go out of their way to enact significant change in the community. They distinguish themselves from others by their dedication and impact.
Recognizing “difference makers” gives the region an opportunity to salute those who care more about doing the right thing for each other here in our region. And, the awards salute those who show true commitment to a project or initiative because it’s a good or right thing to do, versus an activity that they’ve been compensated for or given school credit.
Difference Makers will be selected from among these five categories:
- Youth (Under 18 years of age whose project is not affiliated with their respective school, church or social service organization.)
- Adult (Ages 19 and above whose project is done independent of one’s profession or as part of one’s paid profession.)
- Business (For-profit organization whose service project is supported at the organizational level.)
- Non-Profit (Non-profit organization whose service project is supported at the organizational level.)
- School & Youth Group (Student, student group, class or entire school whose service effort is supported by their respective school, administrators, teacher or coach.)
Nominations are easy – identify the category and offer a brief description by Friday, October 9 at Nominate a Difference Maker
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org