For Immediate Release
Public Relations Manager
(513) 579-3194 Direct
(513) 295-6010 Mobile
Chamber’s Leadership Action Class Announced, First Team Comprised of 22
CINCINNATI – May 8, 2014 –A stellar collection of regional CEO’s, Vice-Presidents, Managers and other leaders have been announced as the inaugural class of Leadership Action, the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber’s recently added leadership development offering.
Leadership Action features a highly-motivated team of the brightest, most promising, and passionate business, community and entrepreneurial leaders working together to drive change with a large-scale project. The group’s kickoff event was held earlier this week at the Chamber.
Announced last February, and born out of the Leadership Cincinnati program, the creation of Leadership Action was driven by increased demand for the Chamber’s leadership programming from the region’s businesses and non-profits. It joins the already established brands of Leadership Cincinnati, C-Change, WE Lead and WE Succeed in the Chamber’s newly-branded Cincinnati USA Leadership Programs.
The focus of each year’s work will be grounded in the community priorities that have already been articulated by the Bold Goals of the United Way of Greater Cincinnati, Agenda 360 and Vision 2015.
“Leadership Action allows us to take on a regional issue of significance with seasoned leadership behind it, and drive change,” said Dan Hurley, Director, Leadership Cincinnati. “Working in the area of creating a workforce of the future, the class will take several months to assess what is already underway locally and benchmark best practices from other regions. The class will define their specific projects by late summer,” Hurley added.
Leadership Action is sponsored by The E. W. Scripps Company and HORAN.
2014 Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber Leadership Action Class
• Douglas Adams, SVP & Team Leader, PNC Bank
• Brian Bensman, Senior Director -- Strategic Sourcing, Cintas Corporation
• Glenn Bitzenhofer, Independent IT Management Consultant
• Peter Brown, Associate - Leadership Development Program, Western & Southern Financial Group
• Melinda Butsch Kovacic, Associate Professor, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
• Brian Cobb, VP, Customer Experience, Kenton County Airport Board/CVG
• Daniel Driehaus, President/CEO, Driehaus Insurance Group, LLC
• Paige Ellerman, Attorney, Frost Brown Todd LLC
• Matthew Flege, Strategic Initiatives Manager, St. Vincent de Paul
• David Giles, VP, Deputy General Counsel, Chief Ethics Officer, E.W. Scripps Co.
• Kimberly Halbauer, SVP/Director of Private Banking, Fifth Third Bank
• Jane Keller, President & CEO, Cincinnati Youth Collaborative (CYC)
• Kurt Krebs, VP, CFO Horan Associates
• Jeffrey LeRoy, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, P&G
• Mary Miller, CEO, Jancoa Janitorial Services, Inc.
• Kristi Nelson, General Counsel & SVP of Human Resources, Pomeroy
• Brian O'Keefe, Operations Manager, Workforce Development Center, Cincinnati State Technical & Community College
• Matthew Rich, Shareholder/Attorney, Katz Teller
• Alicia Tidwell, Senior Manager Diversity & Inclusion, Luxottica
• Warren Walker, Community & Government Relations Manager, Duke Energy
• Jordan Weidner, VP, Principal, Cassidy Turley
• Gwendolyn Yip, The University of Cincinnati
About the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber:
Celebrating our 175th anniversary in 2014, the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is the nation's fifth largest chamber, representing the interests of more than 5,000 member businesses. Its mission is to capture Cincinnati USA as one of the world's favorite American business centers. The chamber serves its membership and the Cincinnati USA community through economic development, government advocacy, festivals and events, regional vision and collaboration, money-saving benefit programs, leadership and networking opportunities and educational programs. For more information, visit CincinnatiChamber.com, Facebook.com/CincinnatiChamber, and Twitter.com/CincyChamber.