Greater Cincinnati Safety Council
Greater Cincinnati Safety Council classes are free for Cincinnati Chamber members and merit deeper discounts on workers’ comp premiums.
Thousands of Ohio employers find value and workers’ compensation premiums savings by actively participating in their local safety councils. The Chamber's Greater Cincinnati Safety Council can help your company get valuable safety information and networking through attendance at our monthly meetings held at the Oasis Conference Center in Loveland.
Now in its 100th year, the National Safety Council helps protect companies – and employees. Greater Cincinnati Safety Council classes are free for Chamber members (join and save $1,200) and merit deeper discounts on workers’ comp premiums. Greater Cincinnati Safety Council members earned $382,021 in Workers’ Comp premium rebates for the program year ending June 30, 2016.
- Earn rebates* of 2-4% on your workers’ comp premiums
- Learn methods to reduce the number and severity of claims
- Network with other safety professionals in our region
Stay informed on all the additional programs and services offered by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) to help manage claims and worker safety in your company.
To qualify for the state rebate, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Join your local safety council by July 31, 2018
- Attend 10 safety council meetings or BWC sponsored events** Meetings are held monthly at The Oasis Conference Center in Loveland.
- Send a qualified senior-level manager to a safety council sponsored meeting
- Submit semiannual workplace accident reports for the 2016 calendar year
*The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers and state agencies. However, the BWC encourages everyone to become active safety council members.
** At least eight through the local safety council. You can get credit for up to two meetings through attendance at the BWC's Division of Safety & Hygiene (DSH) safety training courses or industry-specific training.