Marshal the power of capitalism for your cause -- one of compassion and community-wide impact, regardless of your mission. Securing the Future was launched as a project of Leadership Cincinnati Class XXIV (2001). Since then, the program has continued annually as a volunteer-led effort, making it one of the longest running Leadership Cincinnati class projects in the history of the program.
2014 Securing the Future Conference
April 8, 2014
8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Registration includes breakfast, lunch and copies of both books:
Passion Capital: The World's Most Valuable Asset & The Power of Capacity Capital
For more information, please contact Laurie Brinkman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.686.2945.
Paul Alofs, Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation & Author, Passion Capital: The World's Most Valuable Asset
joined The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation as President and CEO in September 2003 after a family experience with cancer. Since joining The Foundation, Paul has helped raise over $750 million for The Princess Margaret. The Creed or Belief of The Princess Margaret is To Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime. The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is ranked as one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world. Author of Passion Capital: The World’s Most Valuable Asset
, Paul speaks widely on the subject of Passion Capital. In April 2012, Paul helped launch a One Billion Dollar Campaign for Personalized Cancer Medicine, the most ambitious in Canadian healthcare history. Through his extraordinary career in both the private sector and the social enterprise sector, Paul has earned a succession of accolades. He was named one of Canada's Top 40 Under 40 business leaders in 1995, and in 2005, was voted one of the ‘Best of the Best’ by his fellow Top 40 alumni. He has received the Outstanding Progress and Achievement Award from the Schulich School of Business at York University.
Nell Edgington, Social Velocity & Author, The Power of Capacity Capital
has over 18 years of experience innovating in the nonprofit sector. In her work at Social Velocity she has helped nonprofits grow their programs, find firmer financial footing, create a pitch for money to strengthen or grow their organizations, create strategic plans and much more. In addition to leading Social Velocity, she writes and speaks extensively on innovating in the nonprofit sector. Beyond writing the popular Social Velocity blog, she co-authored The Strategic Management of Charter Schools: Frameworks and Tools for Educational Entrepreneurs
recently published by Harvard Education Press. She has also contributed to the Huffington Post Impact blog, the Foundation Center blog, CausePlanet, Fundraising Success Magazine, the Philanthropy 2173 blog, the About.com Nonprofit blog, and the Chronicle of Philanthropy’s Mission:Innovation blog. She speaks to nonprofit boards, staff, donors, groups, associations and events, including the leading social innovation gathering, the Social Capital Markets Conference in San Francisco.
About the Conference:
Dedicated to elevating team performance, this annual conference improves strategic and resource development skills for Greater Cincinnati nonprofit organizations.
- Attracting an audience of 200-300 nonprofit executives, fundraisers, board members, funders and operations staff, Securing the Future is an education program tailored to address the current needs and concerns of board members, senior leadership, and those charged with overseeing nonprofit organizations.
- Programming features prominent national and local speakers covering a range of timely and relevant topics. Books or other materials authored by speakers are often included.
A recent attendee noted, "This is one of (or maybe THE) premier non-profit networking events of the year. Loved how there were breaks to talk to other participants and two meals over which we could connect."
- Registration fees are kept as low as possible to best enable more nonprofit employees to attend.
- The program's charitable fiscal sponsor is the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charity. Securing the Future helps funders fulfill their charitable agendas by promoting the strategic capacity of nonprofits.
- Join in the discussion and meet fellow nonprofit executives, board members and supporters as we host this interactive networking session.
- Learn about the latest trends in the nonprofit world - and how you can leverage them.