We are currently seeking a Member Benefits Relationship Manager to develop and execute the strategy for our member benefits product and service offerings. This individual will expand the product- and service-lines based on member needs and Chamber goals. This individual will proactively assist members in solving internal issues, identifying opportunities for efficiency, and securing cost-savings by connecting them to our partners and their products or services. The Member Benefits Relationship Manager will oversee, nurture, and grow relationships with nine (9) of the Chamber’s external member benefits partners.
This is an opportunity for an energetic, goal-oriented, savvy, self-motivated individual with a strong desire and natural ability to sell. This role requires one to: build rapport quickly, sustain business relationships, deploy personalized sales strategies, astutely identify and influence key decision-makers, develop a thorough understanding of – and effectively communicate – the value proposition of each of our partner organizations. This individual is responsible for generating revenue for our member benefits partners; providing our members with appropriate resources and relationships; contributing to the Chamber priorities of growth and innovation; and adding sales expertise to the Membership team.
The Cincinnati region is accessible. You are just a cup of coffee away from making connections and making a difference. We're rich in tradition and alive in the times. Join us and begin your own traditions. Leave your mark. Help us create a community that all can be proud to call home.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Identify areas of opportunity within our member businesses that relate to our current partnerships, products and services.Identify the potential for new partnerships, products and services.Track and meet annual goal of member participation in our member benefits program.This will involve, at a minimum, the collection, organization and analysis of data and trend identification.
- Identify and secure new partnerships, products, and services that align with the Chamber mission and are responsive to member issues.Lead, establish, and implement screening and selection criteria for new member benefit products.Identify and implement value-added products that will enhance the Chamber’s members recruitment and retention efforts.
- Nurture and deepen our relationship with our member benefits partner organizations. Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders that directly impact member benefit products.Responsible for member benefits partner satisfaction.Meet with every partner organization monthly.Work with partners to set and meet monthly revenue goals.
Product & Service Sales
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan around the overall program, for our individual partnerships & services and for member groups.Provide a consultative selling approach to members by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; and recommending profit and service improvements.
- Close direct sales.Meet monthly sales targets.
- Generate “leads” for member benefits partners. Meet monthly lead targets.
- Follow-up with partners appropriately to track lead progress.
Partner Review and Evaluation
- Continually assess the effectiveness of our member benefits partners in solving member problems and responding to member needs. Ensure all products provide a quantifiable benefit to members and have a direct impact on the Chamber’s bottom line. Track annual member cost-savings, Chamber-wide. Responsible for member satisfaction with our member benefits program
Budget Management & Financial Success
- Manage assigned budgets and contribute to the development and achievement of the annual Chamber budget through promotion of member benefit products.
- Analyze and innovate the delivery model and partner and service selection for our member benefits program
- Partner with the Marketing department to administer a comprehensive communication and marketing strategy to educate and engage members in the Chamber’s member benefit products.
Safety Council Leadership
- Coordinate, lead and execute all aspects of the cross-functional Safety Council. Safety Council is comprised of approximately 200 participants across various industries. Responsible for working with the State Bureau of Workers Compensation and local organizations to increase participation in Safety Council. Develop an enhanced marketing plan and meet participation and engagement goals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results & Success
- Negotiation & Persuasiveness
- Problem-Solving & Solutions-Focused
- Emotionally Intelligent
- Global & Cultural Awareness/Encourage Diversity
The Member Benefits Relationship Manager will supervise, coach, mentor and develop one direct report – the Sales Representative, Cost Savings Program. The Member Benefits Relationship Manager: sets challenging goals; is committed to employee development and growth; is aware of and responsive to each person's strengths, challenges and goals; leads by example; is an influencer, and deploys an inspirational, inclusive leadership style as opposed to an authoritarian or top-down approach; ensures transparency and open-lines of communication at all appropriate times; leverages, supports and deploys their team to accomplish all team and organization goals; is a people-builder focused on delivering strong business results that exceed expectations.
The Member Benefit Relationship Manager is expected to lead inclusively, with passion, integrity and fun!
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.May be substituted for equivalent formal training in sales skills, strategy and technique.
- Minimum of five years of relationship management experience required.
- Minimum of five years of professional sales experience required.
- Experience closing sales in-person and by phone required.
- Experience using Excel to record and analyze data, chart and graph, and generate reports required.
- Working knowledge of workplace safety and compliance preferred.
- Knowledge of CRM preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidates will be evaluated on the competencies listed above, the required education and experience, and their ability to perform the essential functions as assessed through interview and reference checks. In addition, preference will be given to candidates with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and characteristics, including but not limited to age, gender-identity, race, nationality, ethnicity, religious beliefs, disability status, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and physical appearance.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary & excellent benefit package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Please submit resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.