This position entails the direct coaching and advising of high potential minority- owned businesses; identifying new economic development resources and initiatives that support and promote minority business growth and expansion; working closely with minority-owned firms, goal setter businesses, and community partners to drive job creation and capital investment; and building strategic relationships and partnering efforts with relevant organizations (both regionally and nationally) that help the Accelerator fulfill its mission and economic impact objectives.
The ideal Senior Business Advisor loves a challenge and is able to personally execute the highest quality of work while managing multiple projects and activities simultaneously. He or she has an understanding of the business issues impacting, and opportunities awaiting, the Cincinnati region and uses focused strategic thinking, problem solving, network building, and people skills to deliver results and achieve goals.
He or she understands and has experience with the specific and unique issues that impact minority businesses. This leader has a drive for results and can see the bigger picture. The Senior Business Advisor is a strategic thinker, informed risk-taker, and courageous problem-solver. This open-minded person leads change and has a solid track record of driving and supporting successful businesses. The ideal candidate is mission/purpose driven, outgoing, authentic, dynamic, and approachable with a good sense of humor.
The ideal Senior Business Advisor has a strong financial and business investment background including an in-depth understanding of various debt and equity capital financing structures. He or she has strong analytical skills, and a demonstrated ability to position growth-oriented businesses for investment capital. He or she is a highly results oriented professional with excellent interpersonal and business development skills. He or she is a self-starter and visionary with a sense of urgency and purpose. This person is also confident and passionate with positive energy for work and life. He or she has a proven business acumen, relationship management and communication skills.
- Participate in the execution of the Chamber’s mission through the Minority Business Accelerator and broader economic inclusion efforts.
- Collaborate with the Chamber’s Vice President leading the Minority Business Accelerator in understanding and managing the growth of the entire Accelerator portfolio, the operations of the Accelerator, and supporting community-wide minority business matters.
- Directly coach sizable, high-potential minority owned businesses with growing capacity and necessary capabilities to deliver competitive marketplace solutions
- Conduct comprehensive financial and operational assessments of minority businesses to determine overall “readiness” for capital and new business opportunities
- Identify complementary resources and growth strategies to support minority firms including assisting with the establishment of advisory boards, strategic partnerships, and broader “centers of influence” including bankers and capital providers, accountants, lawyers, and market-driven subject matter expertise.
- Source opportunities for new business development, corporate and institutional client development, and broader market opportunities for minority businesses
- Facilitate new business introductions, referrals, and key strategic engagements to advance growth opportunities for minority businesses in the region.
- Responsible for the achievement of the performance goals of his/her individual portfolio of firms.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of relevant performance metrics, sustainability strategies, and general operations to ensure the long-term success of the Accelerator.
- Assist in the development and presentation of Accelerator strategies and performance outcomes to internal and external audiences, including local, regional and national media channels.
- Identify unique opportunities to create an increased spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation within the minority business community in order to strengthen the pipeline of firms for portfolio.
- Assist in the development of relevant metrics and return on investment model.
- Assist in development of MBA presentations and other external communications.
- Business Acumen
- Executive Presence
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility
The Senior Business Advisor does not have supervisory responsibility.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Proven business acumen, relationship management and communication skills
- An understanding of and experience with the issues that impact minority businesses
- Results oriented professional with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
The position is located in a climate-controlled downtown office site and requires a minimal amount of external activity. The job will require talking, listening, researching, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. This position does not require travel. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible work week available to accommodate these instances.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefit package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas. Please submit resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.