Diverse by Design's mission is to attract, develop and retain diverse, high-potential talent—including professionals with disabilities—and in doing so we help move Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky to full inclusion.
Although workers with disabilities may require some accommodation in the form of tools and training, they can be productive contributors and key leaders affecting positive change in the workplace. As such, we are redefining the meaning and scope of disability employment.
Together, our Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, community, employers, and professional talent pool can pioneer and transform the perceptions of disability employment. In turn, our collective efforts strengthen Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky’s regional development, commerce and economic impact.
In 2016, the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber was selected as one of three cities nationwide to conduct a pilot program for disability inclusion in the workplace by the Advisory Council for the U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP). Getting Down to Business: A Pilot to Strengthen Small Business Through Disability Inclusion included several employer training workshops and job shadowing employer-candidate pairings to connect and create an immersive experience in hiring and training disabled workers.
The pilot program served as the launch for ongoing efforts and initiatives to create job opportunities and connections for Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky professionals with disabilities and employers to participate and hire talent. Let’s build on the momentum and be trailblazers for disability employment.
Learn more about the 2016 Pilot Program for Disability Inclusion in Small Businesses. Download: Getting Down to Business Toolkit (includes job placement providers, resource lists, steps to success, tax incentives and more.)Download: P&G Toolkit Integration of People with Disabilities
[Reference current site for links to resources below]
- Universal Design for Workforce Development Toolkit
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Job Assistance Network
- Americans with Disabilities Act
GET THE FACTS
- The Campaign for Disability Employment
- I’m into Hiring Campaign
- Important Reasons for Hiring People with Disabilities
- United States Department of Labor’s New Regulations to Improve Job Opportunities for Individuals with Disabilities
READY TO HIRE?
- Toolkit for Hiring Ohioans with Disabilities
- Tax Benefits for Hiring People with Disabilities
- United States Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Economic Benefits for Hiring People with Disabilities (VIDEO)
- Hire Beyond the Disability (VIDEO)
- George H. Rohde & Son Funeral Home: Employer Excellence Honoree (VIDEO)
READY TO WORK?
- Ohio Means Jobs
- Social Security Administration Work Incentives Liaison in your area
- Employer Contacts in Your Area
- Labor Market Indicators in Your Area