Woman-Owned Business Mentoring
The Chamber, in partnership with ATHENAPowerLink®, is proud to present WE Link, a year-long business mentoring program for women business owners.
WE Link, based on the national ATHENAPowerLink® program, connects selected women business owners with a skilled advisory panel. The advisory panel, which is made up of lawyers, bankers, accountants and other business professionals, provides free business consultation for one year. The panel consults to help the business owner achieve networking, capital, operational and strategic goals. The program also helps enhance the business owner's leadership and management skills for future business endeavors.
Women business owners seeking mentoring support must meet the following criteria:
- 51% of business is owned and actively managed by a woman or women
- At least two years in operation
- At least two full-time employees, including applicant
- At least $250,000 in annual gross revenues for a manufacturing or retail business; or at least $100,000 in annual gross revenues for a service business
- Clearly defined business objectives and specific reasons for seeking an Advisory Panel
Once a business owner is accepted and an advisory panel is assigned, there is a nominal $250 fee to ensure the long-term viability of the program. In addition, she must:
- Be willing to openly discuss with the advisory panel the goals for the business and the issues she’s facing
- Provide a suitable meeting place
- Provide a meeting agenda and appropriate materials for review, such as financial statements, business plan, etc.
- Identify specific company difficulties requiring advice of the advisory panel
- Accept or reject panel members’ advice
Why should a business get involved with this program?
Look at these powerful statistics from ATHENA International (www.athenainternational.org). According to ATHENA International, on average, women business owners participating in the this mentoring program see the following results:
- 88.5% increase in sales
- 37.6% increase in business net income
- 56.6% increase in personal income
- 36.3% increase full-time employees
- 75.0% increase in part-time employees
Applications for the 2016 WE Link program will be available early June 2015.
2015 WE Link/ATHENAPowerLink® Recipient:
Icy Williams of ATMOS360, Inc.
ATMOS360, Inc. provides supply chain business solutions for a broad spectrum of industrial clients and offers leading edge engineering, design and fabrication of equipment to contain, collect and convey dust generated from various manufacturing processes. They are recognized as a dust control technology leader particularly in the area of containment at the source and its innovations include designs that have been adopted as the industry standard in many manufacturing processes.
WE Link Governing Body
Peter Landesman, Director of Marketing, Custom Design Benefits
Debbie Simpson, President, Multi-Craft
Rea Waldon, Senior Vice President, Urban League of Greater Cincinnati
Jill A. Weller, Partner, Keating Muething & Klekamp PLL
Jane Vanderhorst, Vanderhorst Consulting
Advisory Panel Members:
Pam Beigh, SALESCORE
Tammy R. Bennett, Esq., Employers Resource Association
Karen Tate, The Griffin Tate Group, Inc.
Patti Massey, MYCA
Sheila A. Mixon, Ohio SBDC at the Greater Cincinnati Urban League
WE Link Success Stories
MYCA Multimedia & Training Solutions, a provider of online training and e-learning solutions, was the first company to take part in the Chamber's WE Link program. Read more about how WE Link helped Myca tranform their business model and increase sales. More information.
For more information contact Tamara Lang at 513.579.3130 or firstname.lastname@example.org