The Chamber brings together business leaders, policy makers, and the public to articulate a shared community voice on transportation priorities that strengthens our region’s competitiveness, facilitates economic development, and places us on the cutting edge of transportation innovation. We are committed to making data-driven decisions that align public and private resources to the region’s shared transportation vision.
Key focus areas:
Leadership on Important Mobility Issues
- Lead the effort to bring decision makers together to identify funding plans that will lead to the construction of the Brent Spence Bridge, the Western Hills Viaduct and other major regional infrastructure projects that move people and goods efficiently within and through our region.
- Develop and lead a coalition of business leaders to advocate for investment in transportation as part of a broader community conversation.
- Engage the public and elected leaders on the importance of transportation to the growth and expansion of business in the region.
A Regional Public Transportation System That Connects People to Jobs
- Advocate for a regional, multi-modal transportation network that is reliable, affordable, and plentiful.
- Ensure that investments in public transportation unlock economic development opportunities.
- Support the continued expansion of intercity passenger rail that better connects Greater Cincinnati to the Midwest.
Embracing and Encouraging Transportation Innovation
- Prepare the region for a changing landscape that includes autonomous vehicles, ride sharing, and other technological advances.
- Leverage the region’s business, academic, and entrepreneurial assets to serve as a leader on new, innovative transportation solutions.
Learn more about the Chamber's Transportation initiatives by visiting The Connected Region website.
Get engaged with the Chamber's Transportation work by contacting our Transportation Policy & Coalition Manager.