The Greater Cincinnati Safety Council started in 2005 and has generated $10,103,183.97 in Workers’ Comp premium rebates to its members through 2019. Active participation in the Greater Cincinnati Safety Council is free for Chamber members and positions employers to capitalize on safety education, networking and resources available to prevent accidents in the workplace and lower workers’ compensation costs.
Thousands of Ohio employers find value and increased risk management awareness by actively participating in their local safety councils. The Chamber's Greater Cincinnati Safety Council can help your company get valuable safety information and networking through attendance at our monthly meetings.
- Free for Chamber members
- Capitalize on safety education
- Learn methods to reduce the number and severity of claims
- Network with other safety professionals in our region
- Stay informed on all the additional programs and services offered by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) to help manage claims and worker safety in your company
- RETURNING FOR 2022-23: Earn a 2% safety council rebate on your workers' compensation premium
Important updates to the BWC Safety Council program for the upcoming fiscal year, beginning July 1, 2022.
To ensure your participation in the Greater Cincinnati Safety Council, you must join or confirm your existing membership by filling out this form
After two years of virtual programming, the Greater Cincinnati Safety Council (GCSC) has returned to in-person meetings at Ensemble Health Partners, 11517 Reed Hartman Hwy, Blue Ash, OH 45241
All meetings will take place the second Wednesday of each month from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Masks and hand sanitizer will be provided, and we will offer a virtual option to encourage attendance from others at your organization and office watch parties.
Also returning this year is the 2% rebate on your workers' compensation premium, subject to the eligibility requirements found in this BWC fact sheet. The GCSC steering committee would like to call to attention the following major rebate eligibility requirements:
- You must have joined or confirmed your existing membership in the GCSC by July 31, 2022.
- You or a representative from your organization must attend 10 in-person safety council meetings between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023.
The GCSC looks forward to being your source for occupational safety and health and workers’ compensation information and resources for the upcoming fiscal year.
Stay in the Know
Want to make sure you receive all meeting invites and important updates from the GCSC? Join our mailing list!
If you have any questions, contact Beth McNeill