C-Change is the premier leadership-development program for advancing mid-career leaders in the Cincinnati region. The curriculum combines leadership development with community engagement which enhances current leadership roles and prepares participants for future ones, both professionally and personally. The program also further develops the leadership skills of participants by having them lead meaningful community projects that impact the Cincinnati region.
Advancing mid-career leaders (30s-mid 40s), with over 8 years overall professional experience
, seeking to activate and enhance leadership capabilities. Candidates should desire to increase connections and impact on and with the region, expand professional and personal network, and continue developing and practicing leadership skills.
- Connect participants in meaningful ways with peers, community leaders, and important resources
- Develop and enhance the leadership skills
- Lead meaningful community projects that impact the Cincinnati region
Example topics (NOTE: these are just examples of past classes' curriculums, not necessarily the exact topics this year will cover):
- Leadership & communication style assessment
- Refining personal brand and strategic communication skills
- Inclusive leadership
- City and regional government
- Regional history, including a tour of Cincinnati landmarks
- Economic and job development in the region
- Community connection
- Small group projects designed to further develop team dynamics and impact the Cincinnati region
February - November
C-Change Class 18 (2023) Dates
- Program Kick-off: February 23, 2023 | 3-6 p.m.
- Overnight "Venture Out!" Retreat at Camp Joy (REQUIRED): March 2-3, 2023
- Project Work Session: March 28, 2023 | 3-6 p.m.
- Session 1: April 19, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 2: May 17, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 3: June 21, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 4: July 19, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 5: August 16, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 6: September 20, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 7: October 18, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Graduation Celebration: November 7, 2022 | 4-7 p.m.
Participants are expected to attend all sessions. Those who miss more than two sessions will be asked to withdraw from the program.
Participants will also work in smaller teams on a community project throughout the year. Each participant is expected to be actively and fully engaged with his or her project, which may include time outside of scheduled sessions. Those who are not participative in the project risk successful completion of C-Change.
All-inclusive tuition for the program is:
Partial grants may be available for those with a financial need.
- $3,500 for Chamber members
- $4,500 for non-Chamber members
Application Fee: $50 (non-refundable). Applicants will be asked to pay via credit card at the end of the online application process.
Applications for Class 18 (2023) are closed. To learn more about the WE Lead program, please contact Andrea Mersmann at email@example.com
*Please note, it is not uncommon for people to apply multiple times before being accepted into the program. The selection committee works hard to ensure a diverse cross-section of applicants are selected for the program.
- Complete your online application. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible, as program admission is highly competitive. You can do this in one sitting or elect to "Save & Continue Later" by clicking the save icon at the bottom of the form. This will send you an email with a link to continue your form at your convenience. Many applicants find it easier to create and save their long-form answers in a Word document before entering them into the online application. You can find these questions here: C-Change Application Long-Form Questions
- Submit a headshot. This is required for your application to be considered complete. File size should be 300 dpi and should not exceed 5MB. Please title the image as "Last Name_First Name_C-Change"
- Submit your non-refundable $50 application fee. After hitting submit on your application, you will be automatically redirected to pay your application fee via credit card. This is required for your application to be considered complete.
- Have your reference complete the "C-Change Reference Form." This is required for your application to be considered complete.
Once the application period closes, the review committee will review applications. Application responses will be emailed to applicants no later than January 2023.
For questions or to recommend a candidate, contact Andrea Mersmann at firstname.lastname@example.org