Emerging leaders (early twenties — early thirties); with eight or fewer years experience
. Candidates should seek connection and development both professionally and in the community, demonstrate leadership potential and interest in growing in these skills, and a desire to connect with other young talent from across the region.
- Engage participants in meaningful ways with each other and business leaders
- Focus on meaningful expansion of personal & professional development
- Grow and strengthen leadership skills
Professional development topics range from personal branding, public speaking and conflict management to goal-setting, personal finance, networking and more. Example topics include:
Leadership style assessment
- Understanding and developing a personal brand
- Effective communication, including public speaking & difficult conversations
- Leveraging networks effectively & professional influence
- Effective people management, including multi-generational workforce
- Creative problem-solving
February - September
Cincy Next Class 10 (2023) Dates
- Opening Reception: February 28, 2023 | 3-6 p.m.
- Overnight "Venture Out!" Retreat at Camp Joy (REQUIRED): March 16-17, 2023
- Volunteer Group Session: March 23, 2023 | 3-5 p.m.
- Session 1: April 5, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 2: May 3, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 3: June 7, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 4: July 12, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 5: August 2, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 6: September 6, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Graduation Celebration: September 13, 2022 | 4-8 p.m.
Participants are expected to attend all dates. Those who miss more than one session risk successful completion of Cincy Next, and may be asked to withdraw from the program.
All-inclusive tuition for the program is:
Partial grants may be available for those with a financial need.
- $3,000 for Chamber members
- $4,000 for non-Chamber members
Application Fee: $50 (non-refundable). Applicants will be asked to pay via credit card at the end of the online application process.
Applications for Class 10 (2023) will be accepted from August 1 through October 19, 2022.
*Please note, it is not uncommon for people to apply multiple times before being accepted into the program. The selection committee works hard to ensure a diverse cross-section of applicants are selected for the program.
- Complete your online application. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible, as program admission is highly competitive. You can do this in one sitting or elect to "Save & Continue Later" by clicking the save icon at the bottom of the form. This will send you an email with a link to continue your form at your convenience. Many applicants find it easier to create and save their long-form answers in a Word document before entering them into the online application. You can find these questions here: Cincy Next Application Long-Form Questions
- Submit a headshot. This is required for your application to be considered complete. File size should be 300 dpi and should not exceed 5MB. Please title the image as "Last Name_First Name_Cincy-Next"
- Submit your non-refundable $50 application fee. After hitting submit on your application, you will be automatically redirected to pay your application fee via credit card. This is required for your application to be considered complete.
- Have your reference complete the "Cincy Next Reference Form." This is required for your application to be considered complete.
Once the application period closes, the review committee will review applications. Application responses will be emailed to applicants no later than January 2023.
For questions or to recommend a candidate, contact Andrea Mersmann at firstname.lastname@example.org