C-Change is the premier leadership-development program for advancing mid-career leaders in the Cincinnati region. The curriculum combines leadership development with community engagement which enhances current leadership roles and prepares participants for future ones, both professionally and personally. The program also further develops the leadership skills of participants by having them lead meaningful community projects that impact the Cincinnati region.
Advancing mid-career leaders (30s-mid 40s), with over 8 years overall professional experience
, seeking to activate and enhance leadership capabilities. Candidates should desire to increase connections and impact on and with the region, expand professional and personal network, and continue developing and practicing leadership skills.
- Connect participants in meaningful ways with peers, community leaders, and important resources
- Develop and enhance the leadership skills
- Lead meaningful community projects that impact the Cincinnati region
Example topics (NOTE: these are just examples of past classes' curriculums, not necessarily the exact topics this year will cover):
- Leadership & communication style assessment
- Refining personal brand and strategic communication skills
- Inclusive leadership
- City and regional government
- Regional history, including a tour of Cincinnati landmarks
- Economic and job development in the region
- Community connection
- Small group projects designed to further develop team dynamics and impact the Cincinnati region
February - November
C-Change Class 18 (2023) Dates
- Program Kick-off: February 23, 2023 | 3-6 p.m.
- Overnight "Venture Out!" Retreat at Camp Joy (REQUIRED): March 2-3, 2023
- Project Work Session: March 28, 2023 | 3-6 p.m.
- Session 1: April 19, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 2: May 17, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 3: June 21, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 4: July 19, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 5: August 16, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 6: September 20, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Session 7: October 18, 2023 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Graduation Celebration: November 7, 2023 | 4-7 p.m.
Participants are expected to attend all sessions. Those who miss more than two sessions will be asked to withdraw from the program.
Participants will also work in smaller teams on a community project throughout the year. Each participant is expected to be actively and fully engaged with his or her project, which may include time outside of scheduled sessions. Those who are not participative in the project risk successful completion of C-Change.
To view current class list, click here
All-inclusive tuition for the program is:
Partial grants may be available for those with a financial need.
- $3,500 for Chamber members
- $4,500 for non-Chamber members
Application Fee: $50 (non-refundable). Applicants will be asked to pay via credit card at the end of the online application process.
Applications for Class 18 (2023) are closed. Class 19 (2024) applications will open Fall of 2023.
*Please note, it is not uncommon for people to apply multiple times before being accepted into the program. The selection committee works hard to ensure a diverse cross-section of applicants are selected for the program.
For questions or to recommend a candidate, contact Andrea Mersmann at firstname.lastname@example.org