The future of business is dependent on the ability to prepare the next generation of talent. 40 percent of businesses are unable to take on more work because they can’t fill current job openings.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, in partnership with our local school districts, is helping our members build their talent pipeline through work-based learning, an effort that pairs hands-on industry experience with classroom learning. This program is designed to create full-time employment opportunities for high school students upon graduation. This results in an alternative to immediately enrolling in higher education and provide a way for students to build funds for future schooling. This also provides critical talent for our members as they innovate in the ever-changing job market.
Benefits of Participating
Reasons to become a Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber Work-Based Learning partner:
- Opportunity to train students to your specifications and build pipeline for critical vacancies
- Brand awareness for your organization and industry
- Support in on-boarding, selecting and preparing students
- Opportunity to contribute to and retain talent in the workforce needed to grow the local economy and your business
- Leverage specific partnerships such as life skills training, transportation cost benefits, etc.
Business Eligibility Requirements
In order to participate, businesses are encouraged to:
- Submit an application form. Link below.
- Be a member of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. (Not sure if your company is a member? Search the directory)
- Be ready and willing to offer full-time employment to students if they are in good-standing and meet all requirements.
- Provide a safe working environment and assume liability for any intern injured in a work-related accident (selected businesses will work with Employer on Record).
- Attend a Work-Based Learning Workshop (offered semi-annually).
- Designate an on-site intern supervisor and mentor.
- Provide a job description with meaningful project assignments (Administrative tasks= No more than 20% of work) that correlate to classroom curriculum.
For questions, contact Christina Misali at email@example.com.