The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber grows the vibrancy and economic prosperity of the Cincinnati region. It does this by serving as a bold voice for the interests of its nearly 4,000 member-businesses and their more than 300,000 employees. The Chamber is committed to expanding the region's talent base by attracting new residents and finding new ways to connect employers to skilled workers. And, by harnessing the power of the Cincinnati region’s unique offerings, implementing a regional vision, and through intentional inclusion in everything we do, the Chamber is on a path to help transform this region into the hottest city in America.
Apprenti Cincinnati is an innovative, non-traditional solution to drive more tech talent in and to the Cincinnati region through registered apprenticeships. This program is run out of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. More about Apprenti Cincinnati.
Apprenti Cincinnati is currently seeking a contractor, specifically an experienced marketing lead to design and execute programs to support the scale of the program. This role will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing marketing campaigns that increase program awareness (both digital and experiential), drive website traffic to targeted sites, and create candidate flow.
As a Contractor, one would work 10-20 hours per week, working a flexible schedule as needed leading up to cohort kickoffs. Most work will be performed at the contractor’s leisure with the expectation of weekly check-in meetings with Talent Connections Leader at the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber. This is a three-month contract position.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop and execute social media marketing campaigns with goals to raise awareness of the Apprenti program measured by potential candidate engagement and other metrics.
- Execute promotional events and programs, such as information sessions and open houses, to drive candidate awareness.
- Represent Apprenti Cincinnati throughout the region by attending events whose primary audience is our target group(s) (e.g. women, minorities and veterans, etc.).For example, Cincy Women in Tech, Blacks in Technology, veteran career fairs, etc.
- Develop and manage key partner relationships resulting in increased candidate volume and program participation.
- Develop a detailed marketing plan for the Apprenti program, including overarching goals, objectives and initiatives, action plans and strategies, market research, measures of success, and budget.
- Build a web presence across multiple platforms (e.g. CincyisIT.com, cincinnatichamber.com and ApprentiCareers.org) that is audience specific, maximizes impact, and achieves high clickthrough and conversation rates.
- Coordinate with Apprenti Cincinnati Program Manager to monitor campaign expenses and manage budget.
- Coordinate the creation of digital content (e.g., social media posts, press releases, etc.) with Cincinnati Chamber Talent and Marketing teams.
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for program improvements; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Action-Oriented - Is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; quickly develops and executes plans of action that show good judgment and are results-focused.
- Priority-Setting - Spends his/her time on what's important; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Informing - Provides the information needed for others to fully and successfully complete their related jobs or tasks at hand; provides information so that others can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Global & Cultural Awareness/Encourage Diversity – Interacts and serves all kinds and classes of people equitably, fairly and consistently, without regard to age, sexual identity or gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual-orientation, disability status, veteran status, personality type, socio-economic status, cultural characteristics or any other characteristic not considered a bona fide occupational qualification. Encourages and ensures equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
The Marketing Lead Contractor does not have supervisory responsibility. This role inspires action through influence.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of relative work experience is required.
- Demonstrable experience with width breadth of marketing techniques including email marketing, lead generation, event management and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Evidence of creative and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated expertise with social media.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidates will be evaluated on the competencies listed above, the required education and experience, and their ability to perform the essential functions as assessed through interview and reference checks. In addition, preference will be given to candidates with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism.
- Knowledge about and passion for living and working in the Cincinnati region.
- Aptitude for event coordination and implementation preferred.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail.
- Has exhibited self-starting behavior, ability to work independently and has shown ambition.
- Takes an analytical approach to assignments and is a known problem solver.
- Exhibits an understanding and appreciation of the Chamber’s GIVE model of customer service.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The job will require talking, listening, researching, data entry, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. The employee will sit 75% of their workday. On event days and other days, the employee may stand for long-periods, may walk for long-periods and may talk for long-periods. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires some local travel. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible work week available to accommodate these instances.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber® serves as a bold voice for the interests of its 4,000-member businesses and their more than 300,000 employees. We are committed to expanding the region's talent and, by harnessing the power of Cincinnati’s unique offerings, implementing regional vision, and through intentional inclusion in everything we do, the Chamber is on a path to help transform this region into the hottest city in America.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Please submit resume and application through indeed.com.