The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is one of the nation's largest Chambers, representing the interests of nearly 4,000 member businesses and more than 300,000 employees. Our purpose is to grow the vibrancy and economic prosperity of our region. Our vision is that we will be the hottest city in America. As the largest business organization in the region, the Chamber provides numerous services, including business retention and attraction, programs and events, member benefits to improve members' bottom line, solutions to members' workforce challenges, government advocacy, and more to create and sustain a positive business climate for our community, including demonstrating a commitment to small business assistance and economic inclusion. The Chamber's talented, professional staff of 60 people works with thousands of engaged member companies, volunteers and partners to create and sustain a dynamic Cincinnati USA, a region comprised of 16 counties located in southwestern Ohio, northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana. For more information, visit cincinnatichamber.com.
We are currently seeking a full-time HYPE (Harnessing Young Professional Energy) Programs Leader to lead the Chamber’s initiatives designed to develop the ongoing energy of diverse young talent for our region’s businesses and connect young professionals to each other and the region.
The Cincinnati region is accessible. You are just a cup of coffee away from making connections and making a difference. We're rich in tradition and alive in the times. Join us and begin your own traditions. Leave your mark. Help us create a community that all can be proud to call home.
The ideal candidate will bring a fresh eye to an already strong platform of programs and elevate the Chamber’s young professional leadership programs and impact. The ability to ensure our emerging leader programs are always relevant, engaging and impactful is paramount. This person is focused on growing and inspiring passion in others. The candidate is a people person and can bring together folks with diverse backgrounds and experiences in a learning environment that is dynamic, challenging, and fun. Success in this role will include the ability to successfully recruit participants for the programs. He or she is a self-starter who wants to get stuff done and is comfortable setting metric-driven outcome goals.
The ideal HYPE Programs Leader is a highly self-aware leader with executive presence, possesses high interpersonal skills, a customer-centric focus and the heart of a both a teacher and a servant. This person brings an independent spirit and contagious enthusiasm to every task and personifies a can-do attitude.
The ideal candidate works well independently to drive towards results in close collaboration with team members, toggling with ease between the two as appropriate. He or she is tech savvy and understands the power of using marketing channels to raise awareness of opportunities. He or she likes to have fun and brings enthusiasm and humor to work. Fast-paced environments get this person’s blood pumping. Innovation is in his/her DNA. An entrepreneurial spirit is an absolute must for this role. This person must have fire in the belly to make a difference and the ability to drive initiatives that deliver impact.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- The HYPE Programs Leader is responsible for developing, implementing and managing Chamber programs focused on young talent. Programs in the HYPE suite include Cincy Next and C-Change leadership programs as well as the Cincy Chat speaker series, Bold Fusion, HYPE Connections and the HYPE Community. The HYPE Programs Leader role is focused on Cincy Next, C-Change and Cincy Chat. These three programs have the following main goals:
- Develop leaders
- Widen professional networks
- Deepen ties to the community
- The Cincinnati Chamber is The Inclusive Chamber. And one of the ways we get there is through ensuring our leadership programs are diverse and inclusive. The incumbent will be intentional and purposeful about recruiting attendees for our programs who represent diverse, multi-cultural backgrounds.
- C-Change has a significant project component, which the HYPE Programs Leader facilitates from selection to a successful completion.
- The HYPE Programs Leader works closely with talent team members on initiatives that leverage the HYPE platform brand, including signature events like Bold Fusion, HYPE Connections and the HYPE Community.
- The HYPE Programs Leader will manage program budgets, sponsorship fulfillment, marketing materials and class content.
- The HYPE Programs Leader will successfully recruit participants for each program under the HYPE platform. This work includes leveraging existing relationships with our community as well as forging new ones to ensure the pipeline of program participants is both diverse and strong. The ideal candidate is someone who has had exposure to business and organizational leaders and is easily able to prospect, build rapport, and provide value propositions for participation in the HYPE suite of development opportunities.
- He or she will have responsibility for preliminary, on-site and postproduction activities as well as all the details of executing the best in class programs.
- This is an externally focused role and the incumbent represents the Chamber with business leaders, community organizations and vendors.
- The HYPE Programs Leader will engage the broader community, keep their proverbial finger on the pulse of what’s going on.
- He or she will work closely with the Chamber’s Alumni Network.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Focus
- Conflict Management
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results & Success
- Innovation Management
- Strategic Agility
The HYPE Programs Leader will have some supervisory responsibility.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in curriculum management, programming, facilitation, team dynamics.
- Experience developing, planning and executing a new training module, program or initiative.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Master’s Degree (not required).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidates will be evaluated on the competencies listed above, the required education and experience, and their ability to perform the essential functions as assessed through interview and reference checks. In addition, preference will be given to candidates with:
- High C.Q. (Community Quotient)– engaged in the community and a network builder.
- Experience with executive leadership and coaching.
- A proven track record of leading and inspiring young professionals.
- Knowledgeable and connected with the diverse offerings of the Cincinnati region such as businesses, NFPs, arts, startups, parks, etc.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- There will be some evenings and weekends required.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber® serves as a bold voice for the interests of its 4,000-member businesses and their more than 300,000 employees. We are committed to expanding the region's talent and, by harnessing the power of Cincinnati’s unique offerings, implementing regional vision, and through intentional inclusion in everything we do, the Chamber is on a path to help transform this region into the hottest city in America.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary & excellent benefit package.
Please submit resume and application through indeed.com.