The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is currently seeking a Membership Events Manager to plan, organize and deliver engaging, entertaining, informative, exclusive events for Chamber members to generate support, investment and engagement in all that we do. The Membership Events Manager creates events that people rave about, events “you don’t want to miss,” events that energize and excite and continue to set the standard for how a Chamber should attract, connect and engage members. The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is looking for an event planner extraordinaire who excels in all aspects of event planning and management! Events may cater to specific industries or sectors, or may be general and wide-ranging.
This is an opportunity for a dynamic, meticulous, organized, customer-focused individual who has experience planning and executing successful business events. This person must be a collaborator and team player, a maker of change and innovator. They are creative, with a vision for event planning. They will conduct research and identify best practices with other chambers/organizations, assist in finding resources to help senior leaders make decisions about event possibilities and limitations, and will anticipate and accommodate the needs of all customers.
This opportunity will require them to consider ever-changing business needs – of the Chamber, our partners and our members – so flexibility and adaptability is a must. This person will be responsible for responding to our members and internal partners and will seek and receive feedback regularly to ensure continued event success and to identify areas of improvement. The nature of the job will require them to multi-task; think, respond and make decisions quickly; and be an ambassador of engagement and connectivity!
The Cincinnati region is accessible. You are just a cup of coffee away from making connections and making a difference. We're rich in tradition and alive in the times. Join us and begin your own traditions. Leave your mark. Help us create a community that all can be proud to call home.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Customer Service & Innovation.
- Anticipate, identify and respond to the event needs of internal and external customers. Work in a consultative manner with the Membership team to understand event goals and objectives.
- Understand the concepts of lead generation, creating awareness, member loyalty, revenue generation and their significance to the Membership team.
- Strive to provide top-notch service to all members.Stay informed of changing business needs and feedback from business partners, team members and vendors.Solicit formal feedback from internal and external customers and develop “post-event takeaways” to outline areas of needed change and to adopt winning practices for future events.
- Incorporate best practice, introduce new and innovative elements to events, develop an annual events plan that compliments sales strategy and goals.
- Event Planning.
- Assist senior leaders in making decisions about event possibilities through best practice sharing, advising on target audience and event format, spearheading site identification, event/program content, transportation needs, parking needs and all other event logistics and details.
- Assist with event scheduling, which will include calendar management, and coordinate the invitation and registration process.
- Manage all vendor relationships and contracts from sourcing to payment.Selectively identify members based on event goals and existing Chamber relationships and goals.Provide direction and delegate tasks appropriately.Assume ownership of the vendor relationships.Accept responsibility for vendor performance.Establish positive, lasting vendor relationships to create cost savings and ensure future event quality.
- Incorporate risk management into the event planning process; develop a contingency plan for each event.Prepare for the unexpected.
- Assess event objectives and determine the most cost-effective means to deliver profitable results.
- Develop annual budget for member events.Manage and adhere to budget throughout the year.Identify funding sources and work with your manager to ensure all sources are secure.
- Develop a project plan for each event that includes a timeline, all deadlines, identifies necessary resources, expenditures, personnel needs, and checklists.
- Event Execution.
- Manage all events, in-person, to ensure successful execution the day-of.Offer hands-on assistance, if needed, to ensure event success.
- Assume responsibility for all event details and logistics.
- Contribute to and help create a positive atmosphere and Chamber event culture.
- Event Marketing & Success.
- Help promote events by contributing to the communication and marketing plan developed by MarComm and senior leadership for each event.This may include providing suggestions for channel, content, audience and promotional strategy.
- Develop KPIs to measure event success.
- Leverage technology to plan and execute efficiently.
- Safety Council Leadership.
- Coordinate, lead and execute all aspects of the cross-functional Safety Council.Safety Council is comprised of approximately 200 participants across various industries.Responsible for working with the State Bureau of Workers Compensation and local organizations to increase participation in Safety Council.Develop an enhanced marketing plan and meet participation and engagement goals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results & Success
- Problem-Solving & Solutions-Focused
- Planning & Time Management
- Priority Setting
- Global & Cultural Awareness/Encourage Diversity
The Membership Events Manager does not have supervisory responsibility through the form of direct reports. However, this role will supervise the work and performance of, and manage the relationships with, event vendors.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience -- five years of event management – required.
- Minimum of three years of program management experience required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidates will be evaluated on the competencies listed above, the required education and experience, and their ability to perform the essential functions as assessed through interview and reference checks. In addition, preference will be given to candidates with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and characteristics, including but not limited to age, gender-identity, race, nationality, ethnicity, religious beliefs, disability status, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and physical appearance.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The position is located in a climate-controlled downtown office site. This position requires frequent external activity, which may include hosting events outdoors, in all forms of weather. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The job will require talking, listening, researching, data entry, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. The employee will sit 75% of their workday with the exception of event days. On event days the employee will be required to stand and walk for long periods. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires local travel. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible work week available to accommodate these instances.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber® serves as a bold voice for the interests of its 4,000-member businesses and their more than 300,000 employees. We are committed to expanding the region's talent and, by harnessing the power of Cincinnati’s unique offerings, implementing regional vision, and through intentional inclusion in everything we do, the Chamber is on a path to help transform this region into the hottest city in America.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Please submit resume & salary requirements to Beth McNeill at email@example.com.