The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is currently seeking a Sales Representative, Membership Development to grow our membership through the identification, securement and retention of new relationships. This position will be responsible for all components of the sales cycle, from prospect to close and retention. This individual is committed to sourcing, building and maintaining relationships and is eager to increase the engagement and satisfaction of our members. This individual will generate proposals and close sales by prospecting, qualifying, and securing meetings with C-suite decision makers of targeted companies. It is critical that this individual understand and share the mission, vision and value-proposition of the Chamber; be excited about and supportive of the work we do; have a strong desire to grow our business through sales/relationship acquisition; and is driven by a desire to exceed goals and contribute to a strong sales culture.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious, results-driven, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a strong desire and natural ability to sell. This individual is future-focused, able to identify market trends and can provide current and prospective member-driven recommendations to assist in the Chamber’s overall strategy. This role requires one to build rapport quickly, sustain business relationships, deploy personalized sales strategies, and close sales efficiently and effectively.
The Cincinnati region is accessible. You are just a cup of coffee away from making connections and making a difference. We're rich in tradition and alive in the times. Join us and begin your own traditions. Leave your mark. Help us create a community that all can be proud to call home.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Relationship Acquisition
- Develop business and high-level contact relationships with targeted prospects. Use research and prospecting resources such as: traditional media, online, social media and networking.
- Generate membership proposals and close sales by relying on a variety of communication and sales tactics. Focus on identifying and responding to customer needs/wants.
- Measure and ensure customer satisfaction by completing a written engagement and ROI plan for 1st year members.
- Product & Service Sales
- Coordinate sales efforts with Senior Director, Sales & Engagement to identify prospects and collaborate on execution of the sales plan.
- Build pipeline & robust funnel of business that progressively move up in likelihood to close.
- Work in a consultative manner with current & prospective members by recognizing their strategic business needs, short- and long-term goals, and areas of opportunity, and proposing Chamber-solutions: appropriate level of membership, member benefits and services programs, event registration, networking opportunities, etc.
- Close direct sales and meet monthly sales metrics: leads, closed contracts, diversity & inclusion and renewals.
- Relationship Management
- Nurture and deepen the Chamber’s relationship with our member benefits partners by providing support, information, and guidance as needed; researching and recommending new opportunities.
- Assist members directly or by routing communication, requests and feedback to the appropriate internal party/department. Solve member problems.
- Member Analysis
- Identify market trends for relevant industries & other chambers and provide input to the development of member programs and services that will attract and engage new and current members.
- Enter and analyze date through CRM tool (Personify) to ensure help monitor team performance and success and quickly identify revenue-generating potential/opportunities. Measures/metrics may include: sale life cycle, prospecting, retention, close ratio and trending.
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results & Success
- Negotiation & Persuasiveness
- Problem-Solving & Solutions-Focused
- Emotionally Intelligent
- Global & Cultural Awareness/Encourage Diversity
The Sales Representative, Membership Development inspires through influence but does not have direct reports.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. May be substituted for equivalent formal training in sales skills, strategy and technique.
- Minimum of three years of professional sales experience required.
- Minimum of three years of relationship management experience required.
- Experience closing sales in-person and by phone required.
- Experience with mid-market and corporate size company sales (50+ employees) preferred.
The position is located in a climate-controlled downtown office site and requires a minimal amount of external activity. The job will require talking, listening, researching, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. This position does not require travel. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible work week available to accommodate these instances.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidates will be evaluated on the competencies listed above, the required education and experience, and their ability to perform the essential functions as assessed through interview and reference checks. In addition, preference will be given to candidates with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, personalities and characteristics, including but not limited to age, gender-identity, race, nationality, ethnicity, religious beliefs, disability status, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and physical appearance.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The position is located in a climate-controlled downtown office site and regularly requires external activity in other similar office environments.This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The job will require talking, listening, researching, data entry, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen.The employee will sit 25% of their workweek. The employee will visit potential customers/members 75% of their workweek. This will require them to travel by car within the defined service area of the CUSARC. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible workweek available to accommodate these instances.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary & excellent benefit package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Please submit resume & salary requirements to Beth McNeill at firstname.lastname@example.org.