The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is currently seeking a Talent Initiatives Activator to support the Chamber’s talent team through “activating” regional talent attraction initiatives created and delivered by the talent team. The initiatives exist to attract top talent to the Cincinnati region, develop and retain existing talent and build and connect pipelines of talent to our member organizations so that they can grow and thrive. It is our hope that top talent not only lives and works in the Cincinnati region, but thrives! Top talent that we work to attract to the region may include students from local colleges and universities, people in other cities considering a move to the hottest city in America (Cincinnati!), culturally diverse talent, young professionals and more. The incumbent works with Talent Attraction Leaders to support marketing, programs, initiatives and events. This role combines managing marketing needs for attraction initiatives, managing and supporting attraction events, and other efforts supporting our pillars to Attract, Develop and Connect talent as assigned.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Talent and MarComm teams to ensure the appropriate transfer of information, clear communication, streamlined project management, and successful collaboration all to the end of outstanding project completion and event or initiative success.
- Inform, advise and guide the Chamber’s MarComm team as it helps develop and execute talent event marketing plans or creates promotional materials or talent resources.
- Work with Talent Attraction team leaders and MarComm lead to develop and implement talent initiatives marketing strategies.
- Use Personify, the Chamber’s CRM tool, to segment and generate targeted marketing lists and other key reports to assist the Talent team.Responsible for proactively identifying report needs and exploring the full capability of Personify in supporting the work of the Talent team.
- Collect and update data from program recruiting efforts (e.g., role, level of interest, program fit, email opt-in(s), etc.) to enable team to reach the right audience(s) with our products/services, better understand our impact and meet or exceed our metrics
Brand Awareness and Relationship Building
- Assist MarComm team with social media content for talent brands, including developing content and messaging for posts and contributing on varied platforms (e.g., Instagram)
- Provide consistent and frequent social media posting to Chamber/Talent channels, in collaboration with MarComm needs and pertaining to the following:
- Hello Cincy event/resource promotion (and on-site coverage, where applicable)
- HYPE event/program promotion (and on-site coverage, where applicable)
- Data and helpful information for recruiters about the Cincinnati talent landscape
- Identify relevant social media influencers, establish relationships as appropriate, and achieve the ability to cross-post, secure promotion and advocacy for Chamber talent attraction events, and leverage the influencer’s network to “activate” the amazing work we do, including but not limited to Hello Cincy.
- Collaborate with internal teams and partners to increase event cross-promotion and identify opportunities to partner and synergize.
- Build relationships, through personalized outreach and other methods, to HR leaders and recruiters in the region.
Leadership Programs Support
- Manage the application process for key leadership programs through preparing and testing the online applications in the database, providing continued maintenance, support, and administration of the applications and materials needed for the selection process.
- Attend, promote and help manage events during the planning and execution stages.This includes on-site promotion the day-of.
- Provide day-of support for Hello Cincy & HYPE events including:
- Cincy Chat
- HYPE Connections: Big YP Party
- Hello Cincy Day
- Cincinnati Intern Network Connection
- The Big College Event
- Bold Fusion
- Hello Cincy Welcome Event
- Manage event aspects, including, but not limited to:
- Presenting and/or facilitating at Hello Cincy Days
- Leading structured networking at CINC, Welcome Event, and HYPE Connections.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Action-Oriented - Is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; quickly develops and executes plans of action that show good judgment and are results-focused.
- Priority-Setting - Spends his/her time on what's important; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Informing - Provides the information needed for others to fully and successfully complete their related jobs or tasks at hand; provides information so that others can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Global & Cultural Awareness/Encourage Diversity – Interacts and serves all kinds and classes of people equitably, fairly and consistently, without regard to age, sexual identity or gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual-orientation, disability status, veteran status, personality type, socio-economic status, cultural characteristics or any other characteristic not considered a bona fide occupational qualification. Encourages and ensures equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
The Talent Initiatives Activator does not have supervisory responsibility. This role inspires action through influence.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree plus equivalent experience (2 years) required.
- Observable or verifiable experience maintaining frequent and consistent posting across varied social media channels with an achieved or identified goal required.
- 1-2 years of marketing, communications or public relations experience required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidates will be evaluated on the competencies listed above, the required education and experience, and their ability to perform the essential functions as assessed through interview and reference checks. In addition, preference will be given to candidates with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism.
- Knowledge about and passion for living and working in the Cincinnati region.
- Aptitude for event coordination and implementation preferred.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail.
- Has exhibited self-starting behavior, ability to work independently and has shown ambition.
- Takes an analytical approach to assignments and is a known problem solver.
- Exhibits an understanding and appreciation of the Chamber’s GIVE model of customer service.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The position is located in a climate-controlled downtown office site and requires regular external activity. The external activity will be in environments typical of an office or event environment, including large venues and outdoors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The job will require talking, listening, researching, data entry, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. The employee will sit 75% of their workday. On event days and other days, the employee will stand for long-periods, may walk for long-periods and may talk for long-periods. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires some local travel. Requirements include some evenings and weekends, flexible work week available to accommodate these instances.
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber® serves as a bold voice for the interests of its 4,000-member businesses and their more than 300,000 employees. We are committed to expanding the region's talent and, by harnessing the power of Cincinnati’s unique offerings, implementing regional vision, and through intentional inclusion in everything we do, the Chamber is on a path to help transform this region into the hottest city in America.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Please submit resume & salary requirements to Jules Shumate at email@example.com.