The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is one of the nation's largest Chambers, representing the interests of nearly 4,000 member businesses and more than 300,000 employees. Our purpose is to grow the vibrancy and economic prosperity of our region. Our vision is that we will be the hottest city in America. As the largest business organization in the region, the Chamber provides numerous services, including business retention and attraction, programs and events, member benefits to improve members' bottom line, solutions to members' workforce challenges, government advocacy, and more to create and sustain a positive business climate for our community, including demonstrating a commitment to small business assistance and economic inclusion. The Chamber's talented, professional staff of 60 people works with thousands of engaged member companies, volunteers and partners to create and sustain a dynamic Cincinnati USA, a region comprised of 16 counties located in southwestern Ohio, northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana. For more information, visit cincinnatichamber.com.
We are currently seeking a full-time Vice President of Strategic Communications and Marketing.
Are You Qualified?
“We just need to tell our story more.”
“Can we get some more Twitter followers?”
“I need a press release for this.”
“Why hasn’t so and so heard about this thing that I find really important?”
Yeah, we’ve heard that stuff too. If you are in marketing, you’ve probably sat in more than a few meetings where these kinds of comments come up. And sure, if you are in marketing, and you’ve read this far, we are willing to bet that, in your sleep, you can come up with some clever tactics to answer these questions that marketers often hear.
We’re not looking for someone who wants to sit around and answer those questions. We’re looking for someone who has a mind for strategic communications and a desire to dig into the work and make big change. We’re looking for a leader who can work collaboratively as a member of the executive team--and as a member of the marketing team--to build a strategy that meaningfully impacts the overall business. We want a leader who is intimately involved in the operations of our organization; someone who realizes that the best marketing is seamlessly integrated into the best plans of an organization. We want someone who knows the business but isn’t afraid to take risks. We want someone who can make data-driven, good decisions, and who can prove that a coordinated marketing effort has a desired effect. We want someone who is energized by diversity and variety, and someone who shudders at the words, “that’s the way we’ve always done it.”
Seriously. We’re not kidding. Here’s why: The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber is leading community initiatives that will attract and expand the talent base in the region, create a better environment for economic development and business growth, improve the successes of minority businesses, leverage inclusion and diversity and welcome new citizens, and deliver a transportation vision that will set us apart from our peers. We’re also producing BLINK, Oktoberfest, Taste of Cincinnati, and more. And we’re running an 180 year old member organization that delivers value every day to our nearly 4,000 members.
In short, we’re building a Future City. And we’re finding top talent to do it. If you join our leadership team at the Chamber, you’ll be at the epicenter of regional initiatives that will drive the future of our community. You can see the outcomes of your work through the growth of our organization, the growth of engagement from our members, and the growth of the organization’s financial performance. (We’ll hold you to it.)
You’ll also see the outcomes because your Cincinnati Region will be a better place to live and work.
Interested? Let us know. We’re ready for you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop, Create and Execute/Manage a strategic marketing plan for the Chamber and our various workstreams and initiatives, including: Sales and Membership, Talent Initiatives, Government Affairs, Minority Business Accelerator, Inclusion, and Corporate and Community Events.
- Deliver, in partnership with the Catalyst Cabinet members, the Chamber’s 5-year strategic plan and participate in efforts that drive that plan forward.
- Create development strategies and plans so that the Chamber’s marketing team is the envy of every organization in town because they are motivated, successful, and constantly learning.
- Deliver business results directly tied to marketing activities, including, keeping the organization accountable for their roles in marketing and communication.
- Foster a sense of urgency and can-do attitude for innovation and new projects.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Action Oriented
- Building Effective Teams
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Motivating Others
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Sense of Urgency
The Vice President of Strategic Communications and Marketing will have supervisory responsibility for a five-member marketing team.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Eight - ten years in marketing and communications, with increasing responsibilities over time
- Specific and deep knowledge of digital marketing tools and key marketing metrics
- Experience developing and executing on complex marketing plans
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Proven business acumen, relationship management and communication skills
- Results oriented professional with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Passionate and well connected to the Cincinnati business community
We commit to achieving tangible results in a supportive team environment built on respect, energy, curiosity, continuous improvement, and positive attitudes and relationships.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change.
We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
And, we model inclusion and regional thinking in everything we do.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber® serves as a bold voice for the interests of its 4,000-member businesses and their more than 300,000 employees. We are committed to expanding the region's talent and, by harnessing the power of Cincinnati’s unique offerings, implementing regional vision, and through intentional inclusion in everything we do, the Chamber is on a path to help transform this region into the hottest city in America.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits package. The Chamber does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary & excellent benefit package.
Please submit resume and salary requirements through indeed.com.