August 13, 2019
Two weeks left to apply for Building Cultural Competence: A Program for Leaders
Our changing workforce and expanding markets demand higher levels of cultural competence—the ability to shift cultural perspective and adapt behavior and communication styles to successfully accomplish business results.
Applications are open for Building Cultural Competence: A Program for Leaders. Deadline to apply is August 30.
This program develops skills for building bridges across the cultural, political and social divides in our region and our country.
- Enhancing understanding of one’s own worldview and cultural identity, including implicit/unconscious bias.
- Increasing knowledge of differences viewed through race, ethnicity and gender.
- Equipping participants with tools for communication and behavior that bridge differences.
- Creating an ongoing, cross-cultural dialogue that examines how we increase inclusion in our region.
- Fostering a network of individuals, companies and groups who serve as champions of change in our communities.
The program is open to business, non-profit and community leaders from all sectors.
- The business case for cultural competence
- Role of emotional intelligence in bridging cultural differences
- Building rapport across cultures
- Adapting communication for unfamiliar situations
- Listening and learning in conflict
- The role of leaders in raising cultural competence of employees, constituents, stakeholders and more
- The neuroscience of bias and strategies for reducing the negative impact
APPLY FOR BUILDING CULTURAL COMPETENCE