January 14, 2020
Call for community projects, 2020 C-Change class
Do you or your organization have an idea that could benefit from the focused effort, energy and resources of passionate leaders?
Research continues to show that grassroots efforts of passionate people can truly move the needle.
is the Cincinnati Chamber's premier leadership development program for advancing young professionals. Participating in team projects is a key part of the curriculum. We're looking to the community for project ideas.
Who should submit a project proposal?
A non-profit, an entrepreneur, or a champion from an organization with a BIG idea. This person will act as the primary liaison to work with a (approximately) 5-9 person team from C-Change, class 15.
- Must be hands-on and experiential. C-Change teams are “doers” and will roll up their sleeves to accomplish the work. They will not just advise or consult.
- We will not accept proposals for projects that are solely focused on fundraising.
- The project scope must fit within, and be realistic for, the April-November timeframe.
- Projects must tap into the team’s ability to strategically think, network, and take action and not just be checking boxes of an already established plan.
- A point person (with back-up) from the organization will be required to act as main liaison for project.
- Projects can be based on a sole event or a continuing project that the organization will take over once the team presents findings.
The Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber has identified three strategic areas to advance the community. The project proposals must align with these strategies.
- Leading with a bold voice to impact policy that helps advance business, including aspects that impact businesses such as transportation and health of the region.
- Expanding and diversifying the talent base through attracting and retaining talent and creating workforce connections.
- Showcasing Cincinnati's unique offerings by putting our region on the map and helping to attract talent and visitors to our region.
How does it work?
- Complete a RFP with a big, bold idea (by February 7, 2020)
- Selection committee will review the projects and select the top (February 21, 2020)
- Representatives of the projects will present a 10-minute pitch to the C-Change participants (April 8, 2020)
- The project(s) selected will work with the C-Change Team April-November
- The C-Change project teams will present their findings (November 18, 2020)
Things to consider before submitting:
- Is this the right time for you and your organization to focus on this project/initiative?
- Are you open to the possibility that the project may morph, expand, or shift direction along the way?
- Do you have one point person and a back-up that will act as the main liaisons with the project for the year?
For questions, contact Andrea Mersmann at email@example.com or 513.562.8464.